“Learn Samba in a nice atmosphere”
Review of Rio Samba Dancer

and up
Samba Crash Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience Brazil's dance culture and nightlife with a Samba lesson and night out in Rio. Start your evening at a Copacabana dance studio with a personal instructor to teach you some moves. Then head out to a club to meet some locals and start dancing! Get to know Rio's famous nightlife and meet some locals. Easy, Safe and Fun!!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Three girls in Rio for holidays, we wanted to take Samba-Lessons for the whole Brazilian experience. Helio is a really good teacher, patient and friendly. After the lesson we went out to try what we learned in "real life", and it was a perfect night. I just can recommend this school!

RioSambaDancer, Proprietário at Rio Samba Dancer, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. When you back to Rio, contact Rio Samba Dancer and we will show you more about brazilian culture.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

In late November, I went to Brazil to celebrate my 50th birthday. My friend from New York who met me in Rio and I wanted to learn to Samba. We took Helio's class. He is a delight. First of all, he is very funny and engaging. He puts you to ease straight away.
Then, he is a very patient teacher. We had an hour session at his studio for the two of us. Then, two nights later, he took us to a club—rio scenarium which was a very cool scene. It was a club on multiple floors where people of all ages were having a fabulous time. The line to get in is wrapped around several blocks. But because we were with Helio, we went right to the front. Inside the club, he danced with us and hung out and we all had a great time. This is totally a fun, safe adventure whether you are single or with friends.

RioSambaDancer, Proprietário at Rio Samba Dancer, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for participating in our "Samba Class + Samba Night Tour". Thank you for submitting your comment. I'm very glad you enjoyed our service, we try to do our best for you all to enjoy.

Helio Borges

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Going to Brazil there are sights that you have to see and experiences that have to be had and dancing is one of them. Helio is a brilliant teacher and made the whole experience very fun. I was a little intimidated at first, but he made it very fun and enjoyable. It's also amazing to see other people dancing and having such a good time. I would highly recommend getting some time booked in with Helio on your arrival and hope that he's free. Enjoy!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Dance experience was great. learning some Brazilian dancing, samba and Foro. Then went out to great club in Lapa, rRio de Jainero called something like Rio Senarium. Live music, lots of dancing. So much of Brazil's culture in one night, was excellent. Thank you! :-)

1  Thank Chris-AU1

Helio Borges

Reviewed December 14, 2012

When i travelled to Rio de Janeiro, I Knew Helio and I had some classes with him. I´t was really good.
After the classes me and friends going out to samba and forro. We Knew cool places. It was so fun. It was a real carioca experience. Helio is a great guy and very profissional dance teacher. We like the days that we spend with him in Rio. I recommend everyone visit Rio and take some dance classes with Helio. It´s so good!