“Breathtaking Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of RioXtreme

RioXtreme
More attraction details
Owner description: Make your vacation unforgettable with RioXtreme adventures! We offer the best xtreme sports, adventure and hiking tours in Rio de Janeiro, with safety, respect for the environment and high quality services. Join us to see Rio’s amazing possibilities way beyond the beaten track!
Pretoria, South Africa
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We did the Pedra de Gavea hike with Dennis, and it was simply amazing. the hike is very technical, but Dennis was always there to assist and we felt very safe. The view from up to is astounding and I would recommend this to anyone who is relatively fit, as nowhere else will you get a view like this!

Thornhill
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Climbing Pico de Tijuca”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked the climb and tour of Tijuca for December 24, 2013 because we thought that would be a great activity while most businesses would be shutting down for Xmas eve. Our guide picked us up at 7:30 am at our hotel, the Porto BayHotel on Avenida Atlantica. We drove from there to the Tijuca forest/jungle. We stopped for photos at a waterfalls and an education centre. We parked somewhere near the 600+ metre altitude and commenced a relatively easy 2.8 km long route to rise the last elevation to the 1,201 metre peak. We walked for over an hour along a marked path, occasionally having to climb over rocks and other obstacles. The final 120 or so steps brought us to the peak where we were enveloped in a cloud. It was cool watching it roll in and eventually disappear so we could see the city below. It took just as long for the descent and we met other climbers along the way. My whole family loved it. Afterwards, the guide drove us to few different vista points. Very worthwhile.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Book with these guys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just did Pedra da Gavea with them. Eduardo was our guide and he was great. Victor (or Vitor?) organised at really short notice - responding to my email late afternoon New Year's Eve and confirming within hour our tour for 2nd Jan. Totally professional, quick responses and fluent English. Eduardo (guide) was good fun, fluent English speaker, reliable pick up and I felt totally safe with him. The walk was the best thing I have done in Rio so far and maybe the best thing I have done in my life. View from the top incredible. I cannot recommend it highly enough, thank you RioXtreme for such a great experience!
Make sure you are fit if you are going to do this guys, it's amazing but a really steep walk with a tricky scramble at the top.

Visited January 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Hang Gliding Rio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was a Great experience from start to finish. I chose to go Hang Gliding.
The communication channels were great. It was nice knowing I had plans before I got to Rio.
Once there, both the Driver (Fernando) and the Pilot (Ricardo) were professional and, more importantly, knowledgeable! I'd do it again in a second.

We were able to find a window between the clouds. I prefer the clouds to the sunshine, it was great!
Thanks,
Mike

Campos dos Goytacazes, RJ
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Excellent prices, awesome places and very good service. Rio de janeiro is the most beautiful place in the world. I want to come back soon!!

Visited November 2013