“Great experience, good value, friendly staff”

Brazil Expedition - Day Tours
Experience for Yourself
More Info
$57.00*
and up
Rio de Janeiro Main Landmarks Tour Including Christ the Redeemer and Selaron...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This 6-hour tour of Rio de Janeiro is a fantastic opportunity to see many sides of the city. The trip starts with a visit to the hang gliding landing area at Sao Conrado beach where the hang gliders land after take off from Pedra Bonita with its amazing views of the mountains on the coast. From there you drive through the Tijuca National Park and get a glimpse of the tropical rainforest close up before arriving at the CHRIST THE REEDEMER STATUE (ticket included)After your visit you will stop for lunch (optional but not included) in Santa Teresa, one of the traditional old neighbourhoods of Rio, which still retains much of its original architecture and character.Lastly you will see The Great Madness or secret Lapa steps where Snoop Dogg shot his famous video for Beautiful. To finish your day why not take the option to be dropped off at the Sugarloaf Mountain (ticket not included) in time for sunset or you can simply be dropped off at your hotel/hostel.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great experience, good value, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My biggest worries on a trip to a country I never been are related to the quality of the services (pictures sometimes lie) and their ability to comunicate (most people dont speak english in Brazil - FACT). These guys were very professional from the beginning, explained everything on an email in very good english and I felt safe. They picked us up at the hotel at the time set and from then on it was just awesome! Everyone was friendly, from the operator who booked us to our guide, and they gave us detailed explanation on the spots we visited. The itinerary was just beautiful and covered not only the mainstream stuff like Sugar Loaf or Christ Statue, but amazing spots like SANTA TERESA old town. It's a full day ride, we came back to the hotel in the end of the day tired and happy, great value!

Visited June 2012

Singapore
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“No worries mate”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Excellent tour with the very affable and well-informed Claudio as our tour-guide, the tour covers several major sights including the highlight, the Christ the Redeemer statue atop Corcovado, and ends at a small restaurant near the Lapa steps where a good meal can be had at reasonable rates. You are then dropped off at Pao de Azucar (Sugar Loaf) or back at your hotel. Claudio will readily answer any questions you have abourt Rio and can arrange tickets to football games for aficionados.

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour for a great value for money!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It has been a very well organised, very informative and fun tour. It lasted over 6 hours (including lunch in Santa Teresa), and, I have to admit, that in those hours I managed to see the most important sights of Rio. The greatest thing was that there was no need to queue in the line to the Christ, and those, who went on their own, already know that the lines at the entrance of Corcovado are insane... Lots of information about the city itself, a great and not too crowded company (the mini van had only 12 people), so you basically spend a great time and meet nice people at the same time. Great atmosphere.The price cannot be beaten, and all the transportation is provided for the whole day. Excellent service! Will recommend to others. Thanks guys!!!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Ievcikas
Bristol, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Seemed like it would be perfect”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had organised a tour well ahead of my Rio business trip and was very impressed by the communications and friendliness of the operator. They answered everything quickly and clearly and my tour was booked up without hassle. I especially appreciated them not needing a deposit or paying in advance.

Regretfully and frustratingly my business plans changed and I had to cancel nearly last moment. They were understanding even with this. I felt guilty but was impressed with their communications once again. Next time I visit Rio I will definitelycome to Brazil Expedition as first choice as up to the point of the tour it was perfect.

I think you would be in good hands on this tour. Plus the price is exceptional for what you get

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ragingragnar
brazilexpedition, Manager at Brazil Expedition - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Hello Rangringnar

Thanx for your message and your complements! Our team is dedicated to make the best of your time in Rio. So i hope you can do the tour next time you come to Rio! all the best!
Rio De Jan
“See the best sights of Rio in 1 Day”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I got to visit and hear about several parts of Rio including Sao Conrado, Corcovado, Santa Teresa, Lapa, Ipanema, Leblon, Tijuca Forest. Our tour guide Victor was funny and helpful. Each area was unique and interesting making me want to return for a longer time. The hostel I stayed at in Ipanema booked the tour for me and they arrived on time. The van was comfortable and had air conditioning as well. The tour guide did a good job of involving everyone into the conversation and overall it was a blast! The cost was just right because I didn't have to worry about transportation and waiting in lines.

Visited August 2012
brazilexpedition, Manager at Brazil Expedition - Day Tours, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello Christian

We apologize for the incovinience.
The week you booked the tour we had a bug in our email. So your booking wasnt in the schedule in our booking list. Anyway we sorted it out and we solved the problem with a late pick up. Our goal is to make the best or your time in Rio.
We had picked you up for the City tour and we also gave you a discount- 20%. By the end of the day you had a great time and thats what we are looking forward!
We are investing in a new booking system by internet to avoid this situations.
The Favela tour do not run on Sundays. We havent confirmed this tour with you.

All the best!