“Deceiving”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafecito Cafe

Cafecito Cafe
Ranked #485 of 13,629 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian, Cafe, South American, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Santa Teresa
Description: A place dedicated to coffee and culture cuisine of the South American continent , identified with the multicultural character of Santa Teresa, second most visited neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro . It proposes a merger between Brazilian cuisine and the other countries of the continent, offering contemporary reading for technical and traditional preparations , emphasizing healthy eating , the sustainable commodities and coming from artisanal processes and solidarity . It offers high-quality coffee as cultural richness South American .
São Paulo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deceiving”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Its great look is deceiving. We thought it was a great place to sit down and have a couple of beers. The waitresses were very sweet and the place cozy. As we opened the menu, the problems started. They were out of beer. The only beer available was a R$20,00 beer that was made with "mandioca". Not very appealing, but I ordered it anyway. My friends ordered some juice and caipiroskas. It took the waitress about 20 minutes to bring part of our orders. The waitress told me the beer I had order was warm, so she brought me another brand, which was also warm, so I politely refused it. When the caipiroskas arrived, they were incredibly small and were actually made of pinga, not vodka. We had it and asked for the bill, which, of course, was wrong so it took the waitress another 30 minutes to fix it. In conclusion, Don't go. I don't understand how people are giving good reviews to this place here.

Visited January 2014

Milan
“Nice settings, OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner in the outside terrace. It feels like you are almost in a jungle, not in Rio. We found the location very nice, but the food we had, two different fish dishes, was OK but nothing special.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Lunch and people watching..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Was fortunate to get a seat outside overlooking the street. Gave me something to occupy myself while waiting. Service was slow, but seems to be the Brazilian pace everywhere. The 1/2 sandwich was large and very filling. Was pleased to discover a nice list of hand crafted beer, even dark beers. This was my last day in Brazil and I had had it with Brahma and Antarctica.
A nice little place to relax in St. Teresa.

Visited November 2013
Malibu, California
“Great for sandwiches, etc”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed in an apartment in Santa Teresa and ate at several places up here.
This is a great lunch! Terrific vibe with mostly locals and some tourists. Tried several sandwiches and enjoyed them all. Great coffee and excellent service...explains why I returned 4 or 5 times.
Upstairs---gotta try for dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Yummy food with a beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this place while looking for lunch in Santa Teresa. What a gem! The patio overlooking the street was quaintly decorated and gave some nice shady relief from the heat. The sandwiches were fantastic and I had some ice cream coffee drink that definitely hit the spot. Our server spoke excellent English, gave us a map of the area and have us some great places to go see. We would have missed out if it weren't de her help!

The only drawback was that the bathroom was a little too open and close to where people were eating. Otherwise, no complaints!