“Excellent Rio Tour Guide”

Luis Darin Tour Guide In Rio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Flexibility is the key word on the tailor made tours I provide. I’ll help you to create your own tour itinerary, so you can see the places you want, the way you want to see them. I was born and raised in Rio and I’m quite fluent in English and Spanish. For the past ten years I’ve been working as a private tour guide in Rio.
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent Rio Tour Guide”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Enjoyed two excellent days with Luis seeing the sites of Rio. We only had the two days available and wanted to make the best of them so decided to hire a guide for both days. The first day we covered the must be visited sites, Christ The Redeemer and the forest around, Copacabana and Ipanema and other beaches followed by Sugar Loaf Mountain - a really enjoyable and hassle free day. Day two starting with a visit to Santa Teresa neighbourhoods and the Selarón Staircase and then on to Niteroi for something I really was excited to be able to visit, the architecture of Oscar Niemeyer. We even had lunch in a restaurant designed by Niemeyer! Really great trip

Vasteras, Sweden
“Great tour of Rio!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Me and my friend had a great day together with Luis on the tour. Luis knew a lot about Rio and what places to visit. We also liked that it was possible to customize the tour as per our wish, even on the day of the tour. This way we were able to see thing we wouldn't have known to visit and that a standard tour wouldnt have gone to.

Visited September 2013
Burnaby, Canada
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Excellent Guide in Rio”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Luis is all he claims to be and more. My wife and I spent a day with Luis on October 13 and enjoyed every minute. We asked him to take us off the beaten track and he eagerly complied. The para glider launching ramps across the bridge in Niteroi with its great view and some gorgeous Oscar Niemeyer buildings visited en route certainly met that test. The visit to Santa Theresa and the steps decorated in tiles by the crazed artist did, too. More conventionally, the visit to the botanical garden was informative and restful...it also resulted in a toucan flying a few inches from my nose and then posing for a photo in a nearby tree. Luis is a font of information about the city, the state and the country, and their social systems....and his interactions with said systems. Our visit to Cervantes sandwich shop was a bonus. Note that we did not visit the two biggest attractions with Luis; we should have visited them on our own early on a week day...,a word to the wise.

Whitstable, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A day to remember!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Many thanks Luis for a great day out with you as our personal guide. We loved the sights you showed us giving my husband and I a real insight to life in Rio. Tasting amazing ice cream, visiting the best sandwich bar in Rio, then of course saving the best for last, what a view! It was the best way to see Rio and at a very reasonable cost for what we experienced.

1 Thank Beachcomber1954
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Our Best Day in Rio!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Luis provided an amazing tour for my fiancée and I. His extensive knowledge of Rio's culture & history in combination with a humorous and pleasant personality made the day we spent with him our best! Also, considering it was a custom made tour for just two people his prices are extremely reasonable! Thank you Luis for giving us memories that will last a life time!