“Perfect day in Rio de Janeiro with Luis”

Luis Darin Tour Guide In Rio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Flexibility is the key word on the tailor made tours I provide. I’ll help you to create your own tour itinerary, so you can see the places you want, the way you want to see them. I was born and raised in Rio and I’m quite fluent in English and Spanish. For the past ten years I’ve been working as a private tour guide in Rio.
Skien, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect day in Rio de Janeiro with Luis”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We are family of 2 adults and 12 years old child and it was our first visit to Rio. I decided to book private tour with Luis for our 1st day in Rio and choice could not be better. Everything was easy and perfect, from booking and tailoring the tour, picking up at the hotel and returning back.
Luis made our first day in Rio as unforgettable experience. Luis really loves this amazing city and he really loves and enjoy his job as a guide. He is happy to talk about Rio, nature, which plants are eatable. He is fluent in english and he is full of informations about Rio de Janeiro, history, economy, flora and fauna. He took us to almost all attractions in Rio de Janeiro (Corcovado, Tijuca forest, Santa Theresa, Selaron stairs, Metropolitan Cathedral, Leblon, Copacabana and Ipanema beach, Sambodrome) and provided us with a lot of interesting informations ( we will never forget about Embauba). We made a short break at the farmers market and we were able to taste all possible tropic fruit from the market, coconut water, juice from sugar cane, typical Brazilian Pastell. He took us on the other side of the bay to Niteroi, to Contemporary art museum designed by Oscar Niemeyer and after that we enjoyed nice lunch in restaurant which Luis recommended. At the end of wonderful day we enjoyed a breathtaking view and sunset over the Rio de Janeiro and Guanabara bay. May be the best view of Rio de Janeiro. At the end of the day he returned us to hotel.
Luis is an excellent tour guide, we really enjoyed our day with him and I recommend him as the best choice for private guided tour in Rio de Janeiro.
Luis, thank you for a memorable day in Rio and for fantastic tour.

Wilton, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Absolute Best Tour Guide”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We always prefer private tours and are used to the personal service, but Luis is truly the best, most informed, well-connected tour guide we have ever had. His sole purpose was to maximize our short time in Rio (3 days) and tailor our tour to our tastes as he got to know us. In Rio, you need Luis because he makes it his business to find the best time to visit Corcovado (beating the cruise ships also on tour), can get you into restaurants that are otherwise closed for the day and the many sites you might not discover with anyone else (Niteroi, for expample). He grew up in Rio and shows you the Brailian side as well as the touristy attractions finding the perfect restaurants away from the tourists. He is popular as we discovered; so if he is booked, plan your trip around his availability. We did!

2 Thank suzannetraveller
Brussels, Belgium
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Perfect day thanks to a perfect guide!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

For my first time in Rio, I decided I would go on a private tour rather than on one of the organized tours that spend hours picking up tourists at their hotels. Having read his reviews, I went with Luis. What a good choice that was: thanks to an early morning pick up, we beat the lines at Corcovado right away. Arriving half an hour later would have cost us easily two hours. I asked for the classics, which he nicely interspersed with little hidden gems (farmers market - what a delight!, Seleran staircase, Santa Theresa,...). He even took me to Niteroi, the other side of the bay, to show me what is probably the nicest view of this wonderful city. My expectations were high, but he beat them big time! Many thanks and looking forward to taking another tour with you!

2 Thank Bart C
Bradenton, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Louis Knows Rio”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were two older couples traveling together. Louis did a wonderful job or us by tailering our tours to our interests and ages. He had us at the front of the line for all of Rio's famous sites. Louis speaks English like an American native due to living in the US for about eight years. He knows Americans and has a first hand knowledge of life in the US. In addition to the famous Rio sites he took us to a park on a high hill in a neighboring city, Petropolis, which is over the lng bay bridge. From the hight we were able to view a panarama of the entire Rio area. This area also offered us a chance to watch a launch of wind sufers from the height. We had been on a long cruise and had a large amount of luggage so Louis arrange for another guide to meet us at the airport and provide transportation from and to the airport and safely to and from Carnaval.You cannot go wrong choising Louis as your RIO guide.

1 Thank Ben S
localtourguide_rio, Owner at Luis Darin Tour Guide In Rio, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
It was a great pleasure for me to be your guide in Rio.

Thank you so much for posting your review.

By posting your review you are encouraging other people to use my services and therefore helping me to keep enchanting other visitors to this city that I love so dearly.

Warm regards from Rio de Janeiro.
San Jose, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Petropolis tour with Luis”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Luis is fabulous!!!! We had him take us to Petropolis, a city outside Rio for a day tour. He was friendly, informative, and tailored the tour to our interests. He speaks English fluently and is knowledgable on a myriad of subjects. When he learned of my husband's interest in science he . included the Santos Dumont home in our tour. Dumont was a famous Brazilian inventor and is considered a father of aviation in Brazil. We also stopped at a chocolate factory and had a wonderful meal at a local Italian restaurant. This is his home city and his love for it was evident. Before we left Rio for Petropolis he took us to places in Rio that related to our tour to give us an historical background of what we would see. Luis' tour was one of the highlights of a month spent in South America.

Visited January 2013
localtourguide_rio, Owner at Luis Darin Tour Guide In Rio, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
It was a great pleasure for me to be your guide in your tour to Petropolis.

Thank you so much for posting your review.

Warm regards from Rio de Janeiro.