“Two great days touring Rio with Luis”

Luis Darin Tour Guide In Rio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Flexibility is the key word on the tailor made tours I provide. I’ll help you to create your own tour itinerary, so you can see the places you want, the way you want to see them. I was born and raised in Rio and I’m quite fluent in English and Spanish. For the past ten years I’ve been working as a private tour guide in Rio.
Salvador, BA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Two great days touring Rio with Luis”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a terrific first time in Rio thanks to Luis Darin. He was able to show us all the famous sights on our list in the most efficient way, avoiding the huge crowds, while giving us extra historical information. He also took us to some great, less-famous locations that we absolutely loved, again avoiding the crowds and getting some great food and wonderful views of beautiful Rio from different locations. He was able to accommodate the varied interests of my husband, two children, and myself in two enjoyable days for all. He drove a nice car in a safe manner, gave us plenty of basic information about each location, was available to answer all questions, and allowed plenty of time for photography at each location. He had extensive knowledge and interest in the buildings and architecture, local animals and birds, and the many trees and plants in Rio. Best of all were the stories he told about life in Rio and tidbits of information about the city he clearly loves. We owe Luis for our new appreciation of Rio and are already looking forward to our next visit.

Visited September 2012
localtourguide_rio, Owner at Luis Darin Tour Guide In Rio, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for posting your review.
By posting your review you are encouraging other people to use my services and therefore helping me to keep enchanting other visitors to this city that I love so dearly.

New York City, New York
“Great Customized Tour”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went to Rio with a friend and Luis was kind enough to show us around. We told him the points of interests that were "must see's" for us and he customized a tour of the city around our interests. He was great about telling us the history of the city as well as interesting facts. He was also able to help us out with restaurant recommendations as well. It was also so useful that he had his own car and was able to drive us around. As out of towners he knew all the directions and the drive was quick and easy! Overall great day!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Ever. Until this tour I wondered why I came to Rio”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

At the spur of the moment my friends and we decided to hire Luis for a tour of Rio. Just by luck he had time for us when we called on the morning of arrival. Within forty minutes our adventure began. From the moment we placed the call to the time he dropped us of it was the most interesting, informative adventure we have been on. Professionalism is an understatement. I cannot sing Luis praises enough. He is a historian, professor, sociologist and tour guide all wrapped in one package. We saw all the main sites and then he took us to some hidden gems too. As a native of Rio his knowledge and love of the city shows and his English is perfect. The greatest gift one can give is the ability to make someone feel welcomed and Luis did that plus taught me a lot about Brazil. His intuition and conversation allowed him to show these 3 gringos a very authentic Rio. From the staple must see sites to deep local places where we were the only tourist their.

His unique style and ability to get you in and out made me feel like a VIP. I can only wish everyone could take a tour of Rio from Luis. Two things you must do in Rio have a caipirinha on the beach and book Luis as your guide.

Visited September 2012
localtourguide_rio, Owner at Luis Darin Tour Guide In Rio, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
South Brunswick, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Tour in Rio”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was in Rio only for a few days; taking a break from official business in Sao Paulo. I decided to go with a private tour as opposed to joining on of the packaged tours offered by my hotel. I was very happy that I made that decision. My tour with Luis started at 8.30 in the morning - he was very punctual - and ended around 5 pm in the evening. We covered a lot in this one day, including some spots like Niteroi that the packaged tours do not take you too. Luis has lived in the US for many years so his English was fluent which was a big plus. His knowledge about the place was amazing and all the little tid-bits he shared with me added a lot to the experience. He loves what he does and it shows in his work. The trip was totally flexible and was geared towards my likes as opposed to a fixed agenda. I even got an opportunity to hang glide in Niteroi, which was an on-the-spur, unplaned decision. As an added bonus, Luis is a great photographer and took some amazing pictures for me. I strongly recommend a private tour with Luis on your next trip to Rio.

Visited September 2012
localtourguide_rio, Owner at Luis Darin Tour Guide In Rio, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Guide in Rio!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We live in Michigan, US and visited Brazil in April 2012. We booked Luis on short notice and we are glad we did. We only had one day to tour Rio and Luis made all the arrangements. He picked us up from our hotel in the morning, and had the whole day nicely planned. We visited Christ the Redemer, The city of Nitteroi, The Cathedral, Sugar Loaf, and so much more! I always wanted to go hang gliding and couldn't arrange anything through our hotel. Luis to our rescue, he called some friends and made it happen. THANK YOU Luis. He speaks perfect english and knows Rio like the back of his hand. He had great recommendations and was really helpful. He even dropped us off at the airport after the tour, for our evening flight. If we are ever back in Rio we will book him for sure.

Visited April 2012