“a rainy and a sunny day with Marcio in Rio de Janeiro”

Marcio Boechat Rio de Janeiro Tours
Marcio Boechat: Private Guide in Rio de Janeiro
Ranked #60 of 488 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come to Rio and have The Very Best of it. I am a Tour Guide in Rio since 2005, doing the Best to have my Friends Completely satisfied...just waiting for you here in Rio. I lived for 2 Years in Bethesda, MD - USA. Also lived for 4 years in Europe. I have so many awsome things to offer you. Showing the main attractions of Rio de Janeiro to my passengers is something very pleasant to me.... like Christ The Redeemer Statue, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Tijuca National Park (Rain Forest), Maracana Stadium, Santa Teresa District, Metropolitan Cathedral, Old Rio, Petropolis (The Imperial City), The wonderful and famous Beaches of Rio, also the Hidden beaches of Rio, Hanglider flights, Lapa (The Bohemian Samba District), Samba School Rehearsals, Off the beaten sites, like Prainha. etc etc. . . Everything to make your visit to Rio de Janeiro. . . . ."SIMPLY UNFORGETTABLE"
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We asked Marcio to be our guide in Rio for one day. We had planned to see all the " to do" things that Saturday. Unfortunately the weather wasn't good. It started to get foggy when we visited Christ the Redeemer and it rained cats and dogs when leaving.
Waiting for the wheather to become better , we had a coffee, we had lunch at Colombo( you have to go there) and then Marcio proposed us to call it quits and , weather permitted, see each other next day Sunday to do the rest of the sightseeing. What a fantastic offer. His free Sunday!
Again he was at our hotel as punctual as the day before. The sun was shining, Sugarloaf as beautiful as you can imagen, the wonderful world of the rainforest and last but not least he dropped us at the airport not to lose time.

Thanks to you Marcio, we saw what we wanted to see and even more. No waiting lines, no stress, the best way to explore a city you have never been to.
We'll be back!

Marlous de Maar

marcioboechat, Owner at Marcio Boechat Rio de Janeiro Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hello Marlous, thanks for your review. I really had to do that for you. We had a Full Day but it was very cloudy and rainning a bit. As I was free on the next day I just separated the Full day in 2 Half days.....and we were lucky because it was really nice on the other day.....I do that all the time I can do.....Just want my friends/tourists completelly satisfied....
Thanks again for your Review.....Anything you need from Rio.......count on me....
Marcio.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Spent 4 days in Rio in late May 2013. Booked Marcio online and he proved to be an excellent choice - fluent English, punctual, reliable, knowledgeable, friendly and a very likeable guide. Marcio did the airport transfers and tailored the itinerary to provide a wonderful overview of Rio and Petropolis in just 2 days. Visited Christ the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Selaron Steps, Metropolitan Cathedral, Candelaria Church, the Tijuca National Park (selective drive through), parts of Santa Teresa, plus the Cathedral and Imperial Museum in Petropolis. Also walked by Rio's National Library, the Fine Arts Museum, the Maracana Football Stadium and the Niteroi Contemporary Arts Museum (for external photos) and drove by the Lapa viaduct. Thank you Marcio for your help, advice, guidance and a superb tour .

marcioboechat, Owner at Marcio Boechat Rio de Janeiro Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

I am Super Happy with your review....it proves that I am on the right way.
Thank you Very Much for the words.......
Anytime you need anything in Rio....Count on me.
THANKS AGAIN.....
BEST REGARDS,
MARCIO.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

It was our first trip to Rio. We decided on a very short notice going to Rio and we were very lucky that Marcio was available guiding us through his city. Marcio took us to insider places where normally no normal tourist would get there. As Marcio knows exactly where to go when to the main attractions we had nearly no waiting time at the main attractions like Christ statue or sugarloaf mountain. As we had only one day in Rio Marcio knew exactly how to convenience us from his city. Being 12h together with Marcio we were never be bored or tired even we just arrived from a 12h flight. He showed us the big variarity of Rio and he knew everything about his city. If we would have been asked before how would be a perfect one day trip to Rio we would say we had a perfect day in Rio together with Marcio. So if you would like to experience a perfect day in Rio with a great value for your money so we can definetely recommend Marcio as your tour guide.

marcioboechat, Owner at Marcio Boechat Rio de Janeiro Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I'm very happy to know that you liked my job. Don't hesitate coming to Rio again.
Thank you very much for the review.
And remember....I am your friend here in Rio.....Count on me for whatever you need.
Thanks again.
Best regards,
Marcio Boechat

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a great tour by Marcio in February. His enthusiasm for Rio comes through and he showed us so much of the city. We stayed in Copacabana and wanted to see as much of the city as we could in one day by car. He organized a great tour for us. We told him that we had spent the previous day downtown so he created a tour that did not include the downtown area. He was great at avoiding all the crowds. We got an early start when he picked us up at our hotel and we got to Corcovado with no queues at all. Later in the day, we didn't wait at all for our tram to the top of Sugarloaf. We drove through the national park and stopped to see waterfalls. We got to see the newer development of Rio and its beaches in the Barra area which we definitely wouldn't have even known about. The route from Barra to Ipenema traveling past one spectacular beach after another was really memorable. We also saw the Santa Teresa hillside area above Rio and enjoyed it so much we went back the next night for dinner. Marcio's English is excellent.

Many Thanks for your review. It's very good to have our travelers satisfied with our work.
Remember....if someday you come back to Rio.....You have a friend here
Thanks again.
Marcio Boechat

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just came back from five nights in Rio and spent three days with Marcio. My wife and I did not know what to expect from Rio - hearing so many mixed comments but Marcio showed us just how wonderful Rio can be! He helped us see so many areas of the city and several we never even knew about. Our day out to Petropolis with him gave us great insight into Brazil history and in town, he gave us great suggestions for our time on our own. Our stay in Copacabana proved to be a perfect location with many eating options. Definitely go with Marcio and Rio!

marcioboechat, Owner at Marcio Boechat Rio de Janeiro Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thanks a Lot for your review. The Reviews are like oxygen to us.....If you ever come back to Rio.....count on me for everything you need.
Thanks a Lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!