“great quality local thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of My Thai - CLOSED

My Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Neighborhood: Botafogo
Description: My Thai offers individually cooked Thai favorites, cooked in high heat,"fine" fast food style in a modern and casual surroundings. The client orders their meal at the counter and when it's ready we bring it to the table. Unlike other fast food options, our food is delicious and healthy and you can have an adult drink with your meal. Monday to Thursday 12:00 to 17:00hs - Friday and Saturday 12:00 to 23:00hs
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“great quality local thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This time I went with friends, as it was a tuesday we did not have much to do. Even if the decoration is very neutral it is completely forgotten once the food is served. Do not be afraid of telling them how the food was like they are very easy going. As my friend did not know about thai food we went for a degustation menu. 3 of us and there was food left. Great place and not expensive (60R$ per head with the drinks).

Dear PapagaoiB,
* Great place and not expensive *
Thanks for the review and it was a pleasure to serve you again.
We do take pride in our ability to create consistency which we see as key to our business.
Do keep coming back.
See you soon.

“Lovely place ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We didn't imagine this place like this! It's surprise us but then it was lovely!! Great Thai food!! Workers really nice!! Authentic Thai food in rio

Dear Felix F.
Thanks for the review and it was great to live up to your extectations.
We take it you know Thai food and so are pleased to get your *Authentic Thai food in rio * stamp.
Hope to see you again.
Many thanks.
“Authentic Thai food and charming owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

This place is just great if you want to experience true Thai food in Rio. all ingredients are organic and grown locally in the full respect of Thai cuisine.
you feel truly welcome in this place, and we would recommend a set of appetizers with fresh spring rolls, the Mint pork bags, shrimp in a blanket with fresh coriander and followed by a chicken or shrimp green curry. Another delicious option is the famous Pad Thai.
All is flavorful and fresh. My fiancé and I are big fan of Thai cuisine, and this is definitely a must place to go in Rio.

Visited May 2014
Dear Laurent N:
*this is definitely a must place to go in Rio*
Thank you for your visit and kind compliments.
We are happy to have pleased you and your fiancé.
We would like to take the opportunity to point out that while we use our own organicly grown ingredients in our pastes, sauces and curries, we cannot always find organic produce to cover the full range of all the vegtables we use. The supply lines are just not sufficient here in Rio for us.
Many thanks again.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Loved this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I went to this this restaurant for dinner, the food was great. You can tell the ingredients are fresh, and it is well made, and tasty. To start we shared the Rolinho Primavera fresco ( fresh spring roll) and the Rolinho de Camarao ( Shrimp in a blanket with Cilantro). I had the Tofu Green Curry, and he had the Chicken Pad Thai, all dishes were really good. And I had a mango lassie with vodka ( a new twist on an old favorite!!). The food was great, place was clean, and cute. I only wish it was more of a restaurant where you sat and stayed for hours and drank lots of wine- it is more of a diner style. Fun place to go with friends. Thai food is almost impossible to find in Brazil, and this was a definite treat. Apparently they deliver, even to Ipanema! Yay!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TanyaKM2014
Dear TanyaKM2014:
Thank you for your kind words.

*You can tell the ingredients are fresh, and it is well made, and tasty.*

You got it !!!!

Thanks again.
Houston, Texas
“Pretty authentic and tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is as close as you're going to get to authentic Thai food in Rio. This place makes all their curries and even hot sauce from scratch. You can definitely find heat and spice here.

It's a fast food type setting, but it is not short on flavor. Unlike the other Asian or Thai restaurants in Rio, this place is not fancy, full of fluff, and does not have100 items on their menu. They rather focus on certain items and doing them well.

This place is a definitely worth checking out and returning.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank RudyPie
MichaelTM, Proprietário at My Thai, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. One of the great pleasures of restaurant ownership is when someone actually gets exactly what you are doing!

Yes, we are lucky enough to have our own organic garden where we can produce the ingredients for our sauces and pastes. Our idea was to create a no-fuss place where we could let the flavors do the talking without any heavy salesmanship. We thank you again for your review and for saying so well what we are about.
Cheers!