“Awesome Tour to the Pico da Tijuca”

Jungle Me - Hiking and Trekking Ecotours
Book In Advance
More Info
$76.00*
and up
Rio's Secluded Beaches - Prainha & Grumari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Amazing hiking tours with small groups taking you to places where the traditional tours don't go. Get to see spectacular views from the highest peaks of the city, hike through the rainforests of Rio and more than nature and wildlife, get deep inside our history and culture with our very knowledgeable tour guides. Tijuca Rainforest, Corcovado and Christ statue, and the most Wild Beaches of Rio are featured in our tours. Discover Rio through nature and get 'jungled'!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We booked the hike through the Tijuca Forest up to the Pico da Tijuca which is more than 1000 m high. Before the hike, our guide Tito gave us a very overview of history of Brasil. During the walk, we had several short breaks with interesting information about the forest. At the top of the mountain, we were rewarded with a breathtaking view of the Forest and Rio. At the end, we were able to take a refreshing shower at a nice waterfall. To sum it up, this tour was much more than I expected and I can recommend it to everybody. If you go to Rio, you have to do it!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"vista"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you have some free time in Rio just book a tour with JUNGLE ME TOURS, they are the best in Rio. My husband and I booked the Tijuca Three peaks tour by e-mail a few weeks before our arrival in Rio. Anna who works at the office always replied promptly to our e-mails and provided us with all the info about the tour. Our guide Thiago (Tito) picked us up from our hotel in time and we headed off by his jeep to the Tijuca Forest. Tito is really an excellent guide. He is so passionate about what he does. First he explained Rio de Janiero`s history and afterwards we started the trekking in the forest which was great. Tito explained all about the flora and fauna which was very interesting. At the end of the tour he also surprised us with cold beer!!! Everything was perfect and well organized. Thanks to Anna and our Guide Thiago this was one of the best tours we`ve ever did. We highly recommend them. Josmarie and Darren from Malta.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I went on the Tijuca Big Circuit and Wild Beaches tours with my 10 yo son and 15 yo daughter who do not speak Portuguese very well. Both tours were very educational (lectures in English) and fun. While the hikes were a little demanding, Thiago, our guide, did a great job catering my son's fitness level. I highly recommend Jungle Me to explore Rio's most beautiful views/sites! We had a blast.

1  Thank Ana C
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Thiago (Tito) was excellent! We got a thorough history lesson, awesome hike, ecological descriptions of some fascinating south american flora and fauna...complete with monkeys!) It was better than National Geographic. I highly recommend this experience to anyone going up the Corcovado.