“A great trip for active tourists”

Jungle Me - Hiking and Trekking Ecotours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Amazing hiking tours with very small groups (up to 6 people) taking you to places where the traditional tours don't go. Get to see spectacular views from the highest peaks of the city, hike through the rainforests of Rio and more than nature and wildlife, get deep inside our history and culture with our very knowledgeable tour guides. Tijuca Rainorest, Corcovado and Christ statue, and the most Wild Beaches of Rio are featured in our tours. Discover Rio through nature and get 'jungled'!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Fort Collins, Colorado
“A great trip for active tourists”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I wanted a more in-depth experience of the famed Urban jungle of Rio than I could get from a short walk, so I signed up for the Tijuca Three Peaks tour from Jungle Me, which is a 5-hour hike. The tour company kept in touch very well, giving me accurate info on what to expect and when they would pick up. The forest and the mountain views were beautiful, and Thiago had lots of information about the history of the city and the forest as well as interesting background on many tree species. The hike was steep at times, but we took enough breaks to keep it from being too tiring. We saw a coati and some monkeys, and I spotted a hummingbird near the beginning. I had a great time and recommend it to anyone who wants something a little different and more active.

London, United Kingdom
“Tijuca Three Peaks”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I just got back from an amazing week in Rio! One of the highlights was definitely my hike in Tijuca National Park with Guito. It was a beautiful day and Guito was an excellent guide with lots of knowledge about Tijuca, Rio and Brazil.

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“spectacular trip with excellent host”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I did the Tijuca Three Peaks tour and I would highly recommend this for anyone visiting Rio. The host Guita was particularly great with a thorough knowledge of not just the trek though Brazil and Rio in general making for a fun and interesting day. The tour took in some of the best views I've ever seen!

Plymouth, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jungle Me and Guito Are Awesome!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I traveled to Brazil in mid October and it was incredibly beautiful. I did two tours with Jungle Me, Tijuca Peaks and Wild Beaches, they were the highlight of my trip. Both excursions were led by Guito (Thiago) who is incredibly knowledgeable about the history, horticulture, and culture of Rio. He was also very fun and easy going. When I go back to Rio I will definitely take another tour with Jungle Me. I even got a nifty shirt that I have already worn!

San Antonio, Texas
“Great time in Rio”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I Was in Rio for a week with a friend of mine and decided to take the Tijuca Forrest and Wild Beaches tour. Had a memorable time to the say the least. Explored parts of Rio i did not expect to see. The Tijuca Forrest tour proved to be very informative with Guito our tour guide giving a detailed history of the area before we set out on a scenic hike. The Wild Beaches tour had some of the most breath taking views. To get to the Beaches you get to trek through some beautiful neighborhoods and hike up through the Forrest which offers picturesque views of the ocean. Being a avid record collector, Guito was even able to recommend some great record shops in my area where i picked up some rare Bossa Nova vinyl. This trip was amazing and have to say it was due in part to Jungle me