Cafe Rio Hostel
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$148
$120
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$322
$184
Sheraton.com
$173
  • Breakfast included
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$114
$85
Official Hotel
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This lovely hostel is near to restaurant, grocery store and Corcovado Mountain were the famous Christ the redeemer was situated. Me and my 4 friends reached this hostel from GiG airport by getting a registered taxi we paid 90-100 reals for the 5 of us one way. Finding this hostel is not easy as it doesn't have a sign board outside the house it took us a while in finding this place. We stayed in this hostel for 4 nights. Our air conditioned room with private bathroom was adequate in size, comfortable bed and pillow. Breakfast was good. The location of this hostel is in a safe area and close to public transportation- 3-5mins to reached the bus stop and Largo de Machado Metro train about 20-25 mins. walk. Internet access was very good but they don't have a designated parking area. Copacobana beach is easily reached from this hostel by taking 583 bus. Jacques and Martha are very approachable, promptly replies to any query via e-mail and helpful in person. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I chose this hostel because of its amazingly great reviews on TripAdvisor, and they were all right! It is great! It is located in a safe neighborhood, close to shops, bus stations and restaurants. It is also within walk distance to Largo do Machado (where you can take the vans to go to the Corcovado). The rooms are really nice, I stayed in a private room... I think its name was Expresso... and it was sooo beautiful!!! (you could hear the birds singing :D) I loved it soo much. Although I didn't hang out very much on the living room, it is a very nice place to stay and to talk to other guests...
Breakfast is included, and they're sooo good. They offer you two types of juice, coffee, chocolate, fresh bread, butter, jam, two types of fruit, ham, cheese, and cake (Although I didn't ask, I'm pretty sure they bake it themselves, soo jummy!!). But I think what I liked the most was the staff.... they are just great. Jacques and Felipe were specially attentive, they help you with EVERYTHING you need, give you advice on what you should do, give you directions, explain you patiently about getting to know the city, what buses to take.... they really were friendly.

So I have no doubt... if I'm going back to Rio, I will DEFINITELY stay here! <3

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Very conveniently located hostel, easily accessible by bus 133. If you catch a long distance bus (we did so from Sao Paulo) you can walk 100ms to the local bus station. bus 133 takes you to lajerinas street which dropped us in front of the hostel.

Hostel is also a 20 minute walk to the metro which is only three stops to copacabana beach.

we stayed in a dorm room we felt more like we were staying at home. There is a downstairs and upstairs lounge room, clean bathrooms although the bathroom showers on the second floor have better water pressure and temperature than the showers on the top floor. Also the kitchen is clean and large.

Breakfast is included and very tasty, with the Option to have seconds if your still hungry.

The owners are lovely and very helpful with directions and answering any questions or concerns you may have.

Definitely worth staying!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed in the hostel for 4 nights in November. It is located in a safe neighbourhood (didn't feel any threat at all, walked back to the hostel after 23 o'clock a couple of nights), some 15 minutes on foot from the metro. Rooms are nice, all have AC. Breakfast was more than enough and always served on time.The owners are more than helpful, giving tips on when and what to visit. They should only put a bigger sign on the door, otherwise no negative points from me whatsoever. Also, as to the Rio standards, it is very cheap!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gbelinski
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean hostel that o stayed with my gf, kid and mom!!! Very tidy room and excellent location, near everything! There are 3 restaurantes and 3 bars in the street that are great entertainment choices and a drugstore very close! Will come back many times!!!

• Stayed: December 2012