See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I checked out of this hell hole this morning and am paying to stay in a hotel instead, I have been all over the world 1st, and 3rd world countries and can easily say I´ve slept better in airports than I did here. I read the same bad reviews you guys and gals are all reading and one said, ´´don´t stay here unless you absolutely have to.´´ In light of world cup, I said I had to stay there... Don´t. If you are coming for Carnivale or some big event and this place is your only choice, my advice would be to skip Carnivale. Or stay outside Copacabana, there are plenty of nicer safe areas you can stay and have a cheap cab to Copacabana. The place is filthy, the rooms aren´t real rooms, they are seperated by a partial wall, so essentially when you book the 4 bedroom dorm, you will be sleeping with 40 people. Security is terrible, the pool is a disgusting waste, and I avoided eating so I wouldn´t have to use the toilets there. Don´t do it!!!

Room Tip: tip to choose a good room..... hmmm.... book a different hostel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Braveheart_10010
Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you value your health and safety, do not stay here. Loose wiring everywhere (including in the showers - my friend got an electric shock while having a shower)filthy bathrooms, no ventilation, hot and stuffy, recirculated air conditioning, no natural light in the large dorm room, firetrap, broken stairs, very unsafe.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank breadwinner88
Reviewed December 8, 2013

You don't wanna stay here. Trust me.
You can get much better hostels for the same price.
The only average thing I experienced was the breakfast, which they've handled pretty well.
Anyway, the rooms are overcrowded, smell, hot, and most do not have windows at all.
The place is NOT clean. I avoided the restrooms throughout my 24 hour stay in the hostel just because they were so disgusting.
If you're planning to stay there in the winter, the worst of all is awaiting you - leaking ceiling. good luck with that.
The hostel is pretty far from the shoreline.
This was the definitely the worst hostel experience I've had throughout my 6 months travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Oran K
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a well run basic hostel with friendly helpfull staff. Phillipe helped with or onward journey and in booking bus tickets in Portugese. The in-house entertainment is also worth the visit alone.Very happy overal.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

There are far too many beds put in the one room - serious overcrowding issues. Simply nowhere to put your bag - I had to sleep with my bag on the bed with me. Very hot rooms because they are so full. Breakfast was ok, until I saw the girl preparing it and then refused to eat it again after that. Avoid this hostel if you can.

Room Tip: Simply don't stay here unless you have no other choice
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple