Tripadvisor
Rio de Janeiro

“Good drinks, friendly staff”
Review of Bar Astor

Bar Astor
Ranked #450 of 14,959 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stopped off for some cocktails on the way out for dinner elsewhere. Very busy, mostly full of affluent locals.Welcomed warmly by staff. Took up residence at the bar on a couple of barstools. Good cocktails (a martini and a negroni) and some pastel to absorb the booze. All delicious. Friendly bar staff.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I travel as a solo visitor. The location, atmosphere and ambience is amazing. Since I have started going there they have consistently treated me as a special guest but frankly I think everyone is treated that well. When I walk in I get a very personalised meet and greet whether it’s busy or not regally walked to my table and made to feel exceptionally welcome. The Restaurant Manager Luciano personally ensures my dietary requirements are accommodated and that I am given the best attention. Fernando does an amazing job to ensure that my service, food and beverage are swiftly brought to my table. I love the place and will come back until sadly I have to leave at the end of the month. But I will be back. Thank you team great job very well executed. Mr a Tim

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I'm sure countless people have had a "spectacular" + "unforgettable" visit to 'Astor', but I didn't.
Their location is prime, and I believe they have history on their side (though maybe not future!), and they poured a decent caipirinha - but who doesn't in Brazil?!?
Why the knocks? We ordered when it wasn't overly busy and only ordered two drinks; one came after about 30 minutes, and the server didn't know which Caipirinha it was; the other came (finally!) after about 45 minutes. Unbelievable.
On top of that, we paid about triple what we had been for this ubiquitous drink around the country.
If you choose to go, I wish you luck; for 'Astor' staff, I also wish you better luck in your timing, service, and future

Reviewed December 9, 2019

Very good food and nice ambiance around Ipanema. The waiters were very good and entertaining as what I recall.
During the day a nice view over the beach and the Ocean.

I think you should visit

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019 via mobile

Great food. A bit pricey in comparison to other Brasilian restaurants but good food and great location.

Date of visit: December 2019