“By far my #1” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vero - MOVED

Vero
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ipanema
“By far my #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I think Vero is the best due to an uncommon combination (here in Rio it is uncommon at least). Although they have THE best ice cream ever, and if you don't believe me you can just check how many people keeps on returning there, service is still fair and the quality never drops. The owner is a sweetheart, very considered to customers. Also you can try a few flavores before choosing the one you are paying for. I can't imagine how it could be better. My favorites are caramels com flor de sal and chocolate with pepper.

• Visited August 2013

Sao Paulo, SP
“I was expecting more...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Its a bit expensive, and the day I went., I didn t find any special flavour to try. I think it was just ok, didn t get the hype. I still prefer mil futas, or sorvete brasil, in Rio. There s a lot better in sao paulo and in buenos aires

• Visited June 2013
Santa Clara, California
“THE best ice cream in Brazil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have traveled to south, north and northeast in Brazil and no place has such a yummy ice cream as Vero! Any flavor is simply delicious and very creamy,,, prices are a little steep but SO worth it. Gourmet done, not full of artificial flavors and very creamy. We have been living in Brazil for 3 years now and no place has beaten this yet.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious even for my baby, I am addicted!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

What if you you were an Italian, lived abroad for many years and suddenly found yourself in Rio de Janeiro in an icecream parlour called Vero Gelato Italiano? Well...I had to try if it was really what if was claiming...REAL italian ice cream?

Well, this is not only ice cream as I was used to have back home, but even better! The flavours are always different and the combination of ingredients is daring and lustful!

I am lucky enough to be located only a few blocks away from this amazing establishment and am able to go there nearly every day to try the new fresh flavours which are mixed with art and passion in many different combinations, only from the freshest, wildest ingredients...and. NO baddies...no hydrogenated nor vegetable fats, palm oils or the likes are added to the freshest ingredients, and many flavours are even sugarfree!!!
So no guilt in slurping them all down and feeding my 10 months old baby anytime she wants them!
What's the downside? Even though Vero is open every day till late, my favourite flavour, DolceAmaro, a zabaione mousse with caramelised almonds, is only available at weekends!

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Went every night during our stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Ok the ice cream here is very good not the best I've had but still very good. The ice cream is very expensive considering the portions are small. I loved the pistachio and also the chocolate. The staff were lovely they let you try any flavour you want.

• Visited May 2013