....is the beautiful and elegant guesthouse Bianca. It is well maintained colonial villa with a charming garden in the quiet, artsy and historic neighborhood of Santa Teresa, which is far away from the bustling commercial tourist zones of Copacabana and Ipanema. This neighborhood is not for everyone as its a bit gritty, as is most of Rio, but really unique and interesting. The host, Guido, is very friendly, absolutely likeable (as are his 2 dogs and cats) and very approachable for any guidance on exploring Rio and its neighborhoods. At the time we visited, the stained glassed, 1930s villa with a beautiful Moorish style terrace and Portuguese style tiles was being loving restored and renovated by Guido. There are only 3 guest suites all comfortable and individually designed. Our beautiful room (Corcovado room) was spotless with incredible views of Sugar loaf, Guanabara Bay and Corcovado. We had a private bathroom, which was in the hallway.
Santa Teresa is just a short cab ride to most everything in downtown Rio or you can hike down the windy roads for about 20 minutes to reach Gloria, Lapa or Centro. The Gloria metro down the hill will take you into Copacabana and all the other spots you would want to see and the bohemian streets of Santa Teresa filled with cafes, bars and restaurants are within a 10 minute walk from the guesthouse. We walked everywhere and felt absolutely safe in this neighborhood even when walking back after dinner late in the night.
Staying at Guesthouse Bianca was like staying with family and friends. We will definitely stay here when we visit Rio again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guesthouse Bianca is one of the only places in all of Rio de Janeiro from which you can enjoy a true bohemian neighborhood, the chic beaches of the south, the bustling city center, the infamous viewpoints, and the non stop nightlife - all from the luxury of a private home surrounded by a tropical garden. The newly renovated home was built in 1932 and is located on a quiet residential street in the heart of Santa Teresa, considered by many to be the most charming cultural and historical neighborhood in all of Rio. Guests are only a 5 minute walk to countless restaurants, bars, shops, bus and tram stops, and just a 10 minute walk to Rio's ever expanding metro system. The three rooms are exquisitely appointed and furnished, two of which boast stunning views of the Bay of Guanabara and Sugar Loaf. The private guest entrance is through the lush garden, where you can find mango, coconut and goiaba trees, bromeliads, orchids, not to mention countless tropical birds and the occasional monkey. All of the rooms have elegant private bathrooms, inlaid hardwood floors, air conditioning, ceiling fans, and free wireless Internet. On the ground floor, guests have their own dining room and a self-catering kitchenette where they are welcome to prepare light meals and drinks. Guesthouse Bianca's gracious host, Guido, is a native Cariocan and has lived in Rio all his life. He speaks English, French and Italian and is always available to give tips on Rio, or join guests for a homemade piece of cake or a cachaca on the terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Guesthouse Bianca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Bianca Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Guesthouse Bianca Rio De Janeiro, Brazil