“Conveniently located with good value for money”

Copacabana Suites by Atlantica
Ranked #94 of 283 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed at this Hotel at room number 1003 from 28 February to 04 March 2014 - four nights. This hotel was a part of our Carnaval Tour Package from Luck viagens, Recife (Pernambuco).

We found the hotel staff very cooperative, trained in guest management and fast in answering all the querries that came to out mind. The WiFi was perfectly working with a good speed.

The Room (Apartment with kitchen , TV, Locker, Hot water geyser, drawing room, balcony, bed room with double bed , Window air conditioner - one for drawing room and one for the bed room etc) was well maintained, cleaning was promptly done every day and room was not noisy.

Breakfast was served from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM at floor 1P and this had many varieties for diferente taste. This was included in room charges.

There was a small swimming pool and warm water Hydro Massage bathtub at the floor 2P. The Sauna System was under maintenance. This is good for relaxing after hectic tour of the city.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank SadhanaRakesh
Rossana S, General Manager at Copacabana Suites by Atlantica, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for your comments. It is only through our guest´s feedback that we can improve what we are doing wrong.

Regarding the Sauna, we would like to share that the problems is being solved.

Hope to see you soon!

All the best.

Rossana Spena

There are newer reviews for Copacabana Suites by Atlantica

Reviewed January 4, 2014

While my time in Rio was amazing it was marred by the attitude and terrible state of the hotel.
1. I checked I and was given a wifi code which unless you knew that the username was your room number with a zero in front was useless. (I had to ask reception and was kept on hold while they found someone who spoke English)
2. When in the room I realised that though my reservation said a queen size bed this was a single room The room was changed.
3. I tried to have tea in my bedroom which is meant to be complimentary. There was no milk and the kettle was in a sorry state.
4. The following day a went out and returned to find my room had not been cleaned. The next day because I mentioned it I did get new towels, though nothing was cleaned again. On the third day I returned to find they had still not cleaned the room. I complained but was misunderstood and then the phone put down because reception didn't speak any English. I called back and the phone was put down, trying again this was done again, so I went to reception and asked for a manager. The young lady I spoke was clearly not the manager but could understand some English. I wrote down for her my concerns. Finally someone was sent to clean my room. It is a pity that I have no names as the staff don't wear their name badges.
5. The door to the balcony didn't lock and there were also stains on the sofa. I checked out two days early and was told that those days would be refunded. I am yet to hear anything from Expedia

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TPHants
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Old hotel which went through a low price retrofit. It is priced the level of any normal 3 or 4 star hotel but cannot be compared to any of them.
To be fair, my room had a lot of space, kitchen, two sofas and even a laundry...
Location is good, but not excellent, 50m from subway and mini markets, but you need to walk at least 200-300m to find any decent restaurant.
Bottom line, is I'd never get back on business; maybe in a group of friends to share a room could make sense.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street, it is noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Augusto C
Reviewed March 3, 2013

It's more than pity while a foreigner starts to explore Brazil and Rio from the COPACABANA RESIDENCIA hotel. We have learnt about the efforts of Brazil to escape the 3d world coining, while COPACABANA RESIDENCIA persuades you to feel the whole atmosphere of typical banana republic. After 24 hours in the jets, the shift to very hot weather in Rio we (group of 35 people) eagerly wanted to get the shower. It was almost 4 pm, when we tried to do check-in and after 30 minutes waiting in the "lobby" were told that rooms were not ready. I took the key, got to the floor and found cleaning girls myself. They already knew that there was a scandal and half of the group could not enter the rooms, so "helped" me to changes bed linens and somehow washed the floor. However, we were lucky. Several group members claimed that toilets did not work, the keys did not open the doors and so on. Such minor details, as 30oC in sauna and Jacuzzi do not worth to be mentioned.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mishakolot
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a hotel with a very reasonable location, in Copacabana. The managers are a big international group, Atlantica Hotels. I don't understand how this group and it employees are not embarrassed of managing a property in this way.

OK, hotels in Rio are, generally, a tragedy. The only chance of reasonable experience is if you have a very high budget to stay in one of the 10 or 12 Top hotels in town (and trust me, Fasano is very nice, but most the rooms are really small and they usually cost close to USD1000). But some hotels should be closed, truly renewed and reopened. This is the case of this hotel. and you can see the pictures that prove what I'm mentioning.

The hotel entrance is ugly. There's no lobby. The rooms, are truly spacious and have received a poor make up. But hotel managers: lcd tv appliance is not the solution of a hotel room.

The bathroom had a really bad smell, toilet had a dirty seat, door and sink were dirty, soap holder had rests of previous guest soap. The bath towels are rotten , have a dirty appearance and a small size.

The beds were fair, and comfortable and there was no dust in the floor, which was clean. Although I gave myself the right of limiting my investigations in this sense to floors and bathroom.

What I really can't understand is how they sell a room with rotten doors, no major finishing, old snacks (not dated, but very close to be) placed over the fridge and other poor conditions for more than 150 dollars per night (standard rate is USD230).

The hotels in Rio, considering the major events that are close to happen in the city, should be in the field of the most important subjects of the public authorities, which should take immediate action regarding this subject.

And Atlantica hotels: be ashamed of putting up your brand in a hotel and care for it like you care for this hotel. Your managing way is poor and focus only on short term gains. That’s not very clever, I would say.

Room Tip: My feeling is that this hotel has no good rooms, but if you need to stay here, ask for a high floor...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Felipe M
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The location is excellent. Bus stop and metro station are next to the hotel. Hotel is only 2 blocks from Copacabana beach. It offers great variety of food for breakfast. The staff was very helpful even with little knowledge of English. We found supermarket opposite the hotel and bistros near hotel. The room was very spacious with 2 LCD TVs and little kitchen and big bed with new mattress which was very comfortable.

The room was rather dirty. Hot water worked only for few minutes. Even though the room contains small kitchen, there were only glasses, no plates, no cutlery. Hotel needs major renovation. The card lock system is outdated, as is anything else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank galadrijella
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Two blocks away from Copacabana beach and well provided with buses going to and coming from Rio de Janeiro's bus terminal station, not to mention close proximity to Cardeal Arcoverde metro station, this hotel is a good option if what you seek is location. The staff is relatively helpful (considering Rio's well known frail and idle standards), the rooms are fairly spacious. Breakfast is nothing fancy, but satisfactory. We had problems with the bathroom though, as water leaked in such amount we could almost say we had a private beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple