“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurante Oro - MOVED

Restaurante Oro
Cuisines: Brazilian, Contemporary, South American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jardim Botânico
Description: Chef Felipe Bronze
Rio de Janeiro
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I loves every single part of menu experience. Lovely desert presentation with a child-inspiration touch with sweet popcorn and best ever brigadeiros!
5-course menu was pretty enough for me.

• Hebrew first
Warwick Parish, Bermuda
“Totally gushing over this restaurant!! Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had some of the most spectacular courses where every bite resulted in a taste-bud explosion!!! Restaurant based on molecular gastronomy so the food was a work of art with flavours to back it up!

Staff were very friendly and the hostess who looked after us from start to finish was so wonderful!.

Upon arrival, they explain a bit about the menu, which is a tasting menu and you can pick from 5 courses all the way to 21 I think. They recommend between 7-9 courses. Do not make the rookie mistake we did. We started off ordering the 7 course meal. We then saw the table next to us get their first round of food, which were 4 separate dishes, all very small. They looked delicious!! We thought each one of those constituted a different dish and thought if that is the size of one, we should get the 9-course as those looked very small and we would be hungry afterwards. BIG MISTAKE! (Don't get me wrong - every dish was delicious) that constituted one course. Suffice to say, we had to be rolled home afterwards we were so full.

I can't even begin to describe all the dishes except that everyone was delicious. My husband is particularly fussy and he ate all courses (miracles never cease!!) and commented on how delicious they were.

The dessert for the 9 course is different to the 5 and 7 course one. It was a work of are and so delicious - the chef "built a forest" so not only was it yummy goodness, but also an artistic interpretation.

Interesting palate cleanser was a sorbet with an Amazonian ant. Supposedly supposed to taste like lemongrass. That is the one part I would just say is interesting.... :)

I told the hostess to feedback what a delightful meal we had and very shortly afterwards he was at our table to some say hello.

All an all - a wonderful evening and would recommend it to all my friends!

• Visited November 2013
Thornton-le-Moor, United Kingdom
“Great taster menu and exciting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

A very worthwhile experience.
7 course taster menu ..... Every course exciting and lovely build up of flavours.
The starters were wonderful and especially enjoyed the lobster ... Ok, I enjoyed the whole meal

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Avocettoo
Lenzerheide, Switzerland
“Creative molecular cuisine - quite an experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ready for a culinary adventure? Go try it! We went there to celebrate our move to Rio, having just settled into our apartment in walking distance of this restaurant.

We chose the five-plate menu...they give you a rough idea as to what it consists of, but in reality, you will be surprised by the chef with really creative and very tasty creations. Fantastic. Disappointment for your palate? No, but the chef certainly thinks that eating is a delight where all senses should be stimulated. The desert was a slightly frozen mousse au chocolat - made by the server in front of you in liquid nitrogen...what looks like a ball of ice cream emerging from the clouds created by the liquid nitrogen is actually a mousse that came from a flask. This is certainly not my preferred way of preparing a mousse au chocolat (having lived in Belgium for >25 years, I would prepare a better one myself), but this is a fun experience.

The atmosphere is cool, not particularly inviting or cozy. Wines on the list are good, though not extraordinary. Service was excellent.

Overall, we enjoyed this dinner. Would I want to go there again? Yes if I want to share this kind of experience with someone else, no if I just want to have some excellent food.

• Visited July 2013
“Terrible and expensive.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

What to say? In a spite of being the best way to describe our experience, Terrible may sound too short and not that den So we thought about Collage. Our dinner @ Oro was a Collage of pretentious recipes. Did not work.

• Visited August 2013