“Just ok... Would not go back”

Restaurante La Maison
Ranked #433 of 13,897 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Copacabana
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The food here was just ok. The steak I ordered was overcook.
Service was very average. Not so friendly.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The requirements of this review page demand that I write at least 50 words, when two would do: "Eat Here!"

Reviewed March 24, 2013

La Maison was literally right next to our JW Marriott hotel, so we gave it a try! After a day of sun we didn't want to do too much and it was easy - our expectations were pretty low.

Let me say this... we are spoiled in that in our hometown we have an amazing BBQ place! They do slow smoked ribs the way they should be -- world renowned!!!

We were a little apprehensive to try the ribs at a restaurant in Rio de Janeiro... but they sounded good to us at the time. SO GLAD WE DID! They were absolutely amazing! Fall off the bone tender... perfect sauce... They were absolutely great. And french fries sealed the deal. They were reasonably priced and great to sit outside and people watch under the tent.

We visited La Maison a second time on our trip and ordered the pizza... it was okay, but Don Camillo just down the street was definitely way better -- for pizza that is. I cannot say enough good things about the ribs though!

I don't know that I would have gone out of my way to eat here, but if you're in Copacabana Beach and want to have a decent meal - I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We ate here one night and had a fantastic pizza. The only criticism is that the entire menu was in Portuguese, with no English translation, so we only really ordered pizza as we couldn't understand any of the menu! However, the pizza was great so I didn't regret my selection.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had three meals at this restaurant since it was the closest to the hotel we were staying at. The paella was quite good. The food is somewhat salty in general.