“Two marvelous days in Rio with Neyla!”
Review of TourGuide Neyla

TourGuide Neyla
Ranked #2 of 475 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Iowa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Two marvelous days in Rio with Neyla!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had been worried about how my daughter and I would safely and efficiently see all the sights I wanted to see in Rio at the end of a 10-day tour which only included a visit to Corcovado in Rio. From the moment I first contacted Neyla, my worries ended and I started sleeping nights again! Since our hotel was just a block from Copacabana Beach, Neyla suggested we spend the Sunday on Copacabana and Ipanema beaches (assuring us we would be safe) and we did have a fantastic time on our own. On Monday and Tuesday, Neyla immediately became an old friend who was showing us her city. We easily went from place to place with little time spent waiting in line. Here are some highlights: We took a leisurely stroll through the Botanical Gardens where Neyla shared a wealth of information about the plant life. She even recognized a toucan's call and spotted it high in the trees--we got a great picture of it! We loved the lunch buffet charged by the kilo in Niteroi. We arrived before the noon rush and were able to photograph full pans of food! We could take little bits of lots of things...the desserts were especially amazing! My daughter wanted a bikini from Rio with a bottom a little more substantial than the typical one sold there, and Neyla knew just the place. She dropped us off at the mall where the shop was located at the end of our first day. Neyla knew the best places to take photos of all the attractions, and she took wonderful photos of my daughter and I which we could never have had on our own. It was expensive to have a private guide, but Neyla was fantastic and well worth the money!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank JLMSC

Princeton, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had a weekend in Rio recently on the heels of a work trip. I was on my own and wanted a way to see the city by someone who was knowledgeable. Neyla wasn't available since I reached out last minute, but set me up with a great guide. She took me around for a full day - and was great about making me pose for pictures...something my family back home LOVED since I'm never in the photos when I travel solo. Great time. Highly recommend.

Visited September 2012
TourNeylaRio, Owner at TourGuide Neyla, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
I wish to thank you so much the opportunity you gave me to show you Rio!
Your happiness and satisfaction is the result of my success; we are a group always trying to improve and I’m glad we succeeded on it somehow.
Closter, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“If you want to wait 5 days for someone to get back to you call Neyla”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I attempted to contact Neyla 5 times over a 4 week period via e-mail. No response until I wrote in my e-mail that I was going to send a review to TripAdvisor. We were not able to get a guide due to her delay.

Visited October 2012
8 Thank Brad A
Charlotte, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Only way to see Rio!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was traveling with a group of 13 people and we spent 2 days in Rio. On our first night, Neyla arranged for us to go to a Samba show and dinner. The food was great and the show was a lot of fun. Neyla was able to work out great tables for us at the show and even got us called up on stage to be part of the show!
The next day, we spent 8 hours with her and toured the city. We visited Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf, Selaron staircase, Sambodromo, farmer's market, cathedral and even did a little walking tour. Neyla was so knowledgeable about the history of the city and places we visited, and she shared her knowledge with enthusiasm. We had so much fun that day, we didn't want it to end. I would highly recommend Neyla if you want to see Rio the right way.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was only able to stay in Rio for one full day. I contacted Neyla at very short notice, and she got back to me very quickly confirming that she was available.
The tour was terrific, she is very knowledgeable and also a lot of fun. She even took us to a local market to taste exotic fruits and other local delicacies.

I can't recommend her enough. you won't be disappointed.

Visited October 2012