“Worth Every Dollar!”

Churrascaria Palace
Ranked #41 of 13,629 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue, Sushi, Grill, Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Copacabana
Description: Established 64 years ago, Palace is Rio's most traditional Churrascaria. Churrascaria are restaurants that serve barbecue meats on skewers, a typical brazilian way to prepare steaks, poltry and fish.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Worth Every Dollar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I had already planned on eating authentic Brazilian meat on our trip to Rio. Having servers coming around to our table cutting meat right off the skewers was fascinating. The experience and delicous food was well worth the price.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RedHotTostito

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Meat and seafoods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at this restaurant after it was recommended and we were delighted. The range of meats served were excellent and excellently cooked and we tried all types and found them to be delicious as was the seafood served at our table. A wonderful experience which we really enjoyed and have since told friends and contacts. I would love to have this restaurant in my home city of Melbourne, Australia

• Visited October 2013
Rome, Italy
“Excellent Meat and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Even if it could seems a tourist trap, it isn't! We ate excellent meat and enjoyed a very pleasing service (not so common in Rio), spending less then 45 dollars per person (buffet price). The best spot to have a "churrasco rodriza" (classic sirloins on a stick)!

Visited September 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Average Churrascaria”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went on a Tuesday night pretty late, so it wasn't crowded at all. I thought the food was pretty average. They had a buffet with various salads, Asian, and other foods. I've been too a few of these places through the years and I thought this was just average. I was dared into trying the chicken hearts...something I won't be repeating.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tom B
“Check out the original style of Churrascaria at the Palace in Rio!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've had the pleasure of eating at the Churrascaria Palace in Rio (about a block from the beach) on two occassions and found it to be delightfully consistent and superb on both visits. Unlike the Americanized-style of "Churrascaria" touted as authentic Brazillian, this is the real deal, and it's evident from the unique seasonings, cooking techniques, and even selection (if you have a chance, gorge on some of the fresh chicken hearts... which you won't find in America!). Wide variety of meats, including seafood, sausages, steak, lamb and more. The salad and veggie selection was a little light for my preference, but that's not why people come to this restaurant (it's the MEAT, folks!). Check it out!

• Visited November 2012