“Best tour guide in Brasil”
Review of Rio Tours Operator

Rio Tours Operator
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Marcio Guedes. I am a Licensed Tour Guide/Operator and a native of Rio de Janeiro who lived and studied four years in the United States and one year in Europe. I have also worked as a Dietitian and as a Teacher of English.I can assist you with airport transfers, tourist attractions, restaurants, shopping, nightlife and off the beaten path places. Customized tours to do what you want at your own pace. Larger vehicles for bigger groups, from full-size vans to buses.I can also get excellent hotel rates and domestic flights for groups. I have colleagues who speak German, French and Spanish.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our recent trip with client to Rio was made so much better with the help of Marcio.
His knowledge of Brasil is amazing, he is a great person to be with and all of us enjoyed our time we spent with him. See you next time Marcio !

1  Thank Hans v

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Arriving in Rio for a 1st time visit to Brazil having had boyhood dreams for most of my 56 years & with high expectations of " Rio " I was knocked out, truly flabbergasted from the first moments of our introduction to Marcio.
We were a group of 27, all having seeking the " WOW " factor of Rio.
From the outset at the evening airport pickup by Marcio we were in the midst of a really friendly & most amazing fellow that was able to drill down to every question after introducing us all to every point of what seemed every few meters of Rio.
I say I was flabbergasted Marcio shared how life really is in Rio, every home truth, just brilliant.
We had the pleasure of Marcio for the best part of a week, eat together, laughed together & he was on time every time, had everything organised to the clock every time, superb.
Rio was amazing & I have no doubt without Marcio we may not have enjoyed every pleasure the way we did.
Marcio is a unique individual with a great sense of humour & is not a simple tour guide, he is Rio...............
Cheers ( Obrigardo ) Marcio, may I live long & return with all my family to meet with you & take us on your magic carpet ride.

3  Thank Chalky1973
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had two full days in Rio de Janeiro and it was amazing! Marcio showed us the most important sights - we were one of the first on Sugar Loaf Mountain and at Christ the Redeemer Statue, because Marcio recommended to go there very early. Absolutely right! Marcio has such a great knowledge about the city, the country and so many other things. Our daughters also enjoyed the trip very much, they really loved the Hippie Market! It was a real pleasure for us and we highly recommend Marcio to everyboy who wants to have a great time in Rio.
Thank you Marcio.

2  Thank Chris309
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm writing this review a bit late - we actually toured with Marcio back in December of 2009. I initiated email contact with him in June/July of 2009 and he got to know our interests, where we would stay (also gave advice on hotels) and information on what sort of itinerary would work for a one day vs. a half day vs. a one and a half day tour. I believe at one point in planning we even spoke by phone. As my husband and I had our 4 year old son with us, we had to consider what would keep him motivated and safe. Marcio was great, even provided a carseat for this neurotic New Yorker's kid (which I don't think were required at the time in Rio - still not sure). He met us at the airport, drove us to our hotel and met up with us a day or two later for a full day tour.

We visited the important locales including Sugarloaf, Botanical Garden, Santa Teresa. We took a billion photos and oh my, was Marcio patient, he even took family shots for us over and over again. I'm so grateful to him for helping us preserve the memories. And we tried for the Christ Statue, but when we visited, the weather tended to be overcast. Marcio recommended that we skip the statue since we'd have to pay to go up and then likely not see anything once we got there. I don't regret taking his advice and know I'll be back to Rio at some point in my lifetime so I'll do it then.

It made me feel so much more reassured to be on a private tour with a local who really knows his city and who speaks impeccable English. We don't speak a lick of Portuguese beyond "obrigado/a" and our 2nd language is Spanish - basically useless in Brazil! Marcio took us to a restaurant in Santa Teresa for lunch where he knew the owner and we didn't have to worry about language issues thanks to Marcio! The highlight of the tour would have to be not only visiting the Escadaria Selaron in Santa Teresa, but amazingly enough also meeting the artist himself, Jorge Selaron! We, of course, posed for a shot on the steps with him and our tongues out (well, my son was too shy to but I did)!

Clearly, I can't recommend Marcio highly enough. He is simply the best.

Thank you Marcio! Hope to see you again the next time our travels take us to Rio de Janeiro!

1  Thank blondemommy05
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our time in Rio would not have been the same without Marcio.
He is a leader of great insight, extensive knowledge and has such a fantastic raw wit. Marcio made our journey through Rio very exciting. We have come away knowing and seeing Rio in true depth. More than we ever thought possible. Not like most regular tours where you just get a script read out to you. We visited various places and ate in wonderful restaurants. Rio is such a beautiful part of the world and I highly recommend you choose Marcio to be part of your trip....you will not experience it better with any other. He truly is Fabulous! Thank you Marcio for our memorable holiday in Rio!

1  Thank RinLuck N