Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Urban Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Urban Adventures
from $49.00
from $119.00
from $149.00
More Info
All reviews santa marta favela walking tour local guide favela tour full day tour great tour christ the redeemer guide ivan combo tour michael jackson small group highly recommend this tour exploring rio real rio selaron steps these guys great introduction
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This tour, led by Gabriel, was throughly enjoyable. Definitely worth the money rather than trying to fumble through this area on your own. The real advantage was Gabriel's engaging personality and knowledge of Rio and the Santa Teresa area. Highly recommended. It is too bad the tram is still down despite two years. Having to take the bus up keeps this from being 5 stars, but it is still worth doing.

1  Thank Geoswimmer
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thanks a lot for your review! We are also missing the tram and we hope the authorities keep their word and bring it back as soon as possible. Thumbs up to Gabriel's work. We are proud of our guides who go the extra mile to provide you the Best. Day. Ever.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I must say, you have to get in touch with these guys. Luis is the best guide ever. Very friendly and knowledgeable. I have nothing but great things to say. Santa Teresa is awesome and the Santa Marta favela is a must-do if you really want to understand Rio. (both of these tours are a must-do in my opinion). Highly Highly recommended!!

2  Thank ElodieFromFrance

Thanks a million for your feedback! We love seeing that people have really got great value from our tours! Trying local places is a must, isn't it? We hope seeing you again wherever you next trip might take you!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had the good fortune of having a full-day tour of Rio de Janeiro with Luiz, a local guide with Urban Adventures. Luiz picked me up at the meeting point and the entire day was fantastic. Luiz showed me all around Rio de Janeiro and provided great insight to the history and culture of the city and the sites we visited. Luiz spoke excellent English and as a local to Rio, he was able to provide me with great stories and background to all the sights we explored. In addition to the tour, he also provided great ideas for how I could spend my free-time during my Rio vacation, all of which I took on with no disappointments. I can't speak higher of the tour and would 100% recommend this tour to anyone looking to explore Rio de Janeiro more intimately.

2  Thank DavidBarret

Best. Day. Ever. That is our goal! Thank you for your review and we are proud of our guides who really make the big difference. Happy travels!! ;)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our guide was Luiz Malcher. He actually lived in the US and played soccer (football for non Americans) for awhile, so his English is great. The tour is small group (ours was 5 people) so there is plenty of time to ask questions or have side discussions. In addition to touring the city and giving background on all the sights, he also explained the subway and how to buy tickets (which is much more difficult than in the US or Europe) and even gave us a little information on the bus system.

The second half of the day was the Favela and Christ statue tour. Due to the low clouds Luiz offered to reschedule this (too cloudy to see the top of the Christ when standing at its base) at our convenience, which I took him up on. When we finished the tour a few days later we went through the Favela and met various people Luiz has helped as well as saw the conditions (which although living quarters were smaller, the area was much cleaner and safer than US ghettos in my opinion) the local poor lived in, then proceeded to the Christ statue.

Over all I really liked the tour, but I have to say that much of that was due to Luiz, who I wish the best of luck!

2  Thank MiserDD

Thank you a lot for your review! We are glad that our guides go the extra mile to make the Best. Day. Ever. What a nice experience learning from the local people, isn't it? Wherever your next trip might take you..........................happy travels! ;)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent an incredible morning with Luis at Santa Teresa.

He was really passionate about the neighbourhood and the country and it was a pleasure to be in his company for four hours taking in the beauty of Santa Teresa.

He also introduced us to Acai and gave good advice regarding restaurants and must see areas in Rio.

Obrigado Luis.

1  Thank 673K1235
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Sounds like you were able to try many local delicious things! Our guides are really passionate about their jobs and it feels more like visiting the city with a local friend. Wherever your next trip might take you.............................happy travels!! ;)