“The best tour guide ever. A must-do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Urban Adventures

Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$149.00*
and up
Rio de Janeiro Combo Tour: Santa Teresa, Corcovado Mountain and Santa Marta...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rio de Janeiro Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Rio de Janeiro. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Rio de Janeiro. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
FRANCE
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The best tour guide ever. A must-do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I must say, you have to get in touch with these guys. Luis is the best guide ever. Very friendly and knowledgeable. I have nothing but great things to say. Santa Teresa is awesome and the Santa Marta favela is a must-do if you really want to understand Rio. (both of these tours are a must-do in my opinion). Highly Highly recommended!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ElodieFromFrance
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thanks a million for your feedback! We love seeing that people have really got great value from our tours! Trying local places is a must, isn't it? We hope seeing you again wherever you next trip might take you!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had the good fortune of having a full-day tour of Rio de Janeiro with Luiz, a local guide with Urban Adventures. Luiz picked me up at the meeting point and the entire day was fantastic. Luiz showed me all around Rio de Janeiro and provided great insight to the history and culture of the city and the sites we visited. Luiz spoke excellent English and as a local to Rio, he was able to provide me with great stories and background to all the sights we explored. In addition to the tour, he also provided great ideas for how I could spend my free-time during my Rio vacation, all of which I took on with no disappointments. I can't speak higher of the tour and would 100% recommend this tour to anyone looking to explore Rio de Janeiro more intimately.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank DavidBarret
Best. Day. Ever. That is our goal! Thank you for your review and we are proud of our guides who really make the big difference. Happy travels!! ;)
Clayton, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour for anyone new to Rio!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our guide was Luiz Malcher. He actually lived in the US and played soccer (football for non Americans) for awhile, so his English is great. The tour is small group (ours was 5 people) so there is plenty of time to ask questions or have side discussions. In addition to touring the city and giving background on all the sights, he also explained the subway and how to buy tickets (which is much more difficult than in the US or Europe) and even gave us a little information on the bus system.

The second half of the day was the Favela and Christ statue tour. Due to the low clouds Luiz offered to reschedule this (too cloudy to see the top of the Christ when standing at its base) at our convenience, which I took him up on. When we finished the tour a few days later we went through the Favela and met various people Luiz has helped as well as saw the conditions (which although living quarters were smaller, the area was much cleaner and safer than US ghettos in my opinion) the local poor lived in, then proceeded to the Christ statue.

Over all I really liked the tour, but I have to say that much of that was due to Luiz, who I wish the best of luck!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank MiserDD
Thank you a lot for your review! We are glad that our guides go the extra mile to make the Best. Day. Ever. What a nice experience learning from the local people, isn't it? Wherever your next trip might take you..........................happy travels! ;)
Uk
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Beautiful Santa Teresa..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent an incredible morning with Luis at Santa Teresa.

He was really passionate about the neighbourhood and the country and it was a pleasure to be in his company for four hours taking in the beauty of Santa Teresa.

He also introduced us to Acai and gave good advice regarding restaurants and must see areas in Rio.

Obrigado Luis.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 673K1235
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Sounds like you were able to try many local delicious things! Our guides are really passionate about their jobs and it feels more like visiting the city with a local friend. Wherever your next trip might take you.............................happy travels!! ;)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A day with Luis is a Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a great tour with Luis. I have to say getting to see beautiful Rio by foot was amazing. Luis was very knowledgeable about the city, culture, architecture and his English is perfect.
Would highly recommend the tour of Santa Teresa. I took all the tours and enjoyed them all. Best part was all the unique local knowledge Luis was able to offer.
I loved taking the pulic transport with a local as well. This should not be missed. Thank you so much LUIS for a great day.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank KIMWITHROW
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hey, thank you very much for your review. We focus on getting people to local places and try things the locals do. As you could see, despite the fact we are a join in type of tour we are always small group tour. Be sure to look us up in any destination you visit! Happy travels!