“Best part of our Brazil Trip”
Review of Urban Adventures

Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
$149.00*
and up
Rio de Janeiro Combo Tour: Santa Teresa, Corcovado Mountain and Santa Marta...
$59.00*
Small-Group Santa Teresa Discovery Tour from Rio de Janeiro
$59.00*
Rio Old Town Historical Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rio de Janeiro Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Rio de Janeiro. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Rio de Janeiro. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of our Brazil Trip”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Luiz was an excellent tour guide for our day trip to Santa Teresa. A former professional athlete, he traveled a lot himself and appreciates culture. The places that he took us to were very artsy. He knows a lot about Brazilian modern arts and pointed out a lot of things to us that we would not have noticed. His English is excellent. He can tell you a lot about Brazilian movies, singers, and anything you want to know about Brazil.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank ZaiShuiYiFang
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
Thank you for your feedback!
And thumbs up to Luiz for providing another Best.Day.Ever tour. We hope seeing you soon in another Urban Adventures tour around the world.

Torrance, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Luis made a rainy day in Rio fun”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Thank you Luis for giving us a great tour even through the downpour. True we did not get the views, we still saw some wonderful sites, the favela tour was very interesting and we had a special lunch as well. Luis was so nice, protecting and carrying a painting I bought while helping me down the stairs with his other arm! Total gentleman and excellent guide - thank you!

1 Thank A S
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
It sounds like you had the Best.Day.Ever. joining Urban Adventures even on a rainy day... Thumbs up tp Luiz. And thanks a lot for sharing it!
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fantastic way to see Rio in a day”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I travelled to Rio on my own and I don't speak any Portuguese, so while I generally tend to enjoy exploring places alone I thought it would be safer and easier to take a tour here. I was so glad I did - the tour feel like a nice day out with friends rather than a generic trip around the city. I did the full day tour that took in Santa Teresa, Christ the Redeemer, Escadaria Selarón and a favela. Luiz was a fabulous guide - he is clearly very experienced and had lots of interesting information to share, and he was well known and liked at all the places we visited which made the day very relaxed and enjoyable.

2 Thank Kate H
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
Thanks for sharing it! It looks like you had really a pleasant day!
We hope seeing you soon in another Urban Adventures around the world.
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Favela tour”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The favela tour was a real highlight that I will take with me forever. Our tour guide, Luiz, with the help of a favela resident tour guide, gave us genuine insights into this amazing community - it was open, honest and down to earth. We felt far safer than expected and really enjoyed exploring the area and meeting the people. This is real Rio. A couple in our tour had their 2 children with them and it seemed a fantastic experience for the kids, too.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Victoria C
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
We also love visiting the local communities. Specially when you have a local guide with you. Rio has definitely much more to be seen than the obvious tourist attractions.
Thanks for sharing this review! We appreciated.
Nuremberg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great day in Rio/St. Theresa”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My guide Luiz welcomed me at the Copacabana Palace. I was the entire group. He first introduced me to Acai, a great refreshing cold drink (I had appr. 10 more the next days!). Via underground we went downtown and then took the bus to St. Theresa. He showed me a lot of this lovely quarter of Rio. I enjoyed his knowledgeable comments. He took me to some nice authentic places and spots with great view and advised me how to find my own way to the Christ Statue.
A fantastic trip - and this is a rating Germans (I am German) do not often give!
Andreas from Nuremberg.

1 Thank Hoffmann A
Rio-Urban, Manager at Urban Adventures, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks a lot for you feedback. Not bad paying for a small group tour and end up being on a private tour! Awesome. Look for us up whenever you travel again for another Best. Day. Ever.