“A Perfect Day in Rio!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 446 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
Irvine, California
“A Perfect Day in Rio!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Let me summarize first: I was completely happy with Manu. It was perfect.

I had a 11h layover in Rio (GIG) and found out from a colleague about Manu.
I decided -- a bit uneasily -- to do it. My worries were unfounded, Manu took
care of everything. He picked me up from the airport and delivered me back there
on time. I really appreciated that he worked with me on a Sunday, even though
he had important personal commitments on that day. He was also open about
the tour program: I sent him a fairly long list of what I wanted to see (in just 11h!)
* Copacabana
* Igreja Nossa Senhora da Gloria do Outeiro
* Igreia Nossa Senhora da Carmo da Artigo Se
* Edificio Biarritz
* the area of Santa Teresa
The amazing thing is we managed to see a fair fraction of that, we only didn't get to the museums, the last two churches, and Paco Imperial and Edificio Biarritz. In addition
to my list we went to the old Rio near Praca XV (Arco do Teles), and several spectacular view
points. All in all, I was able to experience much more of Rio than I could have done on my own
(even if I had had a bit more time). And Manu took care of the traffic, parking, and everything else. His English is perfect, he knew a lot about the history of all the places we visited.
I can only recommend taking a tour with him, especially if you don't have much time. If you have more time, I would still recommend taking a tour with him, since you can get a good sample
of what there is to see (and then come back later to revisit your favorites).

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
“Thanks for an amazing tour Manu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I had a short stay in Rio as part of our honeymoon. As we didn't have long we decided a tour guide would be the best way to see as much as possible.

I found Manu through Trip Advisor and he certainly lived up to the previous reviews.

The weather wasn't great on the day of our tour and Manu kindly offered to reschedule. We were short on time so weren't able to do this but we appreciated having the option.

Manu tailored the tour to sit our requests and to avoid the worst of the weather, showing us some of the local areas a tourist wouldn't normally see as we'll as all the major attractions.

Christ the Redeemer was an obvious highlight but lunch in the local restaurant Manu took us too was equally as good.

If you are considering a tour while you're in Rio, call Manu, you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“One Day in Rio - Do it with Manu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Manu is GREAT!

After dealing with my delayed flights, Manu was there to pick me up at the airport and we were off to tour the city. He rejigged the day to maximize the few hours I had left and I am very happy to report that I feel complete. He did a great job of being tour guide, providing local taste tests, mixing in some off the beaten track sites. He was considerate, friendly, funny, and I loved the bits of Texas drawl.

I would recommend him to everyone.

Visited July 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time researching guides - just book Manu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I spent ages researching tour guides for Rio. I narrowed it down to several before contacting each of them. I choose Manu initially because he responded very quickly, answered all my questions thoroughly and a personality came through in the emails. When you are going to be spending 7 hours a day for a few days with someone, this is so important. We also booked him for our airport transfers. He advised us on booking that he would not be able to pick us up at the airport as he already had a client that day but that he would send a colleague, which he did and who was there to meet us - a great driver who is also a guide so gave us so much information on that journey to our lodging.

Going back to the correspondence with Manu before our trip. he always answered promptly or if he was out on a trip, there was always a holding email sent - very professional. So we booked 2 full day trips with him, our two airport transfers plus a day hire out to the skydive facility at Resende which is about 150km outside Rio.

Our 2 days with him were absolutely incredible. We felt totally safe, he knew where to get the best photographs, seemed to find tables for us in packed restaurants, had a wonderful personality. What I appreciate also was that my friend and I like to know a bit about history and culture but I think he has the knack of gauging how much his clients want to know so as not to spend too little or too much time on each subject or attraction. There is no doubt, however, though that he absolutely knows his stuff about Rio so for those who want to know EVERYTHING, then he knows it. He is also a great photographer so I was happy he took my DSLR from me as I had another camera too and snapped away. Shame I cannot claim the credit on the amazing photos he took!

It is evident that Manu's primarily objective is to make sure his clients enjoy their time in Rio to the max and goes out of his way to ensure this happens. His enthusiasm never wanes, even at the end of a long day.

I cannot recommend Manu enough. book him - you will not be disappointed. We had 3 amazing days with him. We will be returning to Rio next May and will book him again, this time for some day trips outside of Rio.

Visited August 2013
Australia
377 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 636 helpful votes
“See Rio with Manu - funny, friendly & knowledgeable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

If your time is limited, if you want to see the best of Rio, if a superlative and knowledgeable guide(s) is what you are hoping for then look no further - go with Emanuel Peclat (Manu) and Vincent.They showed us around the city of Rio during Carnival and exceeded our expectations with their knowledge, courteousness and professionalism.They simply made our time in Rio one of the best we have experienced in any city around the world.

We were in port overnight on a cruise to South America and as we had not been here before we hooked up with a number of passengers (via ship’s Roll Call) who had arranged 2 days with Manu’s private guided tours in Rio. Our group was large so we had Vincent as our guide & a patient driver in lieu of Manu (he managed the other group) - Vincent was excellent every step of the way.This tour (s) was booked through a third party from the cruise however, each detail /content/time /deposit/payment was negotiated through group email and/or privately where needed with Manu direct.

Best Features:

Private emails prompt and succinct
Tours meticulously planned on both days
Content was excellent
Met promptly at the cruise terminal each day
Comfortable transportation with appealing commentary
Tickets for Sugarloaf and Redeemer (where possible) to save time in queues
Friendly, professional, funny and knowledgeable guide(s) – safe drivers
Fantastic lunch venues both days – Tourão Brazilian BBQ and La Fabrique
Enough free time at main attractions and restaurants
Tours left us feeling we had seen the very best of Rio over 2 days

If we return to Rio in the future Manu’s Private Rio Tours will be our number one choice for seeing the city again. With the World Cup Football next year and the Olympics after that, he will be very popular so my best advice is to start planning early with him - you won’t get anyone better!

We loved every moment!