“Excellent guides for Rio” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 447 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent guides for Rio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent two days in Rio with Manu and his associate Vincente. Their personal attention gave a far greater insite into the city than one would receive from a standard tour, and also took us to places that couldn't be reached with a larger group.we would highly recommend this is as the only way to gain maximum benefit from time spent in Rio and could not commend Manu more highly for his professionalism, knowledge and attention.

1 Thank Mark S

• Hebrew first
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Book him early, he is reliable and good value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Based on what we had read on Tripadvisor before coming to Brazil I emailed Manu about airport transfers and a days guided tour around the city. We received very good, prompt communications with his terms clearly laid out and they were reasonable for a private guide for 2 people.
There was a delay at the airport due to an accident blocking the approach road but otherwise his service was as described.
We met Manu himself when he collected us from our hotel for a city tour. He was a good guide, friendly and informative, answering our questions in fluent English and showing a sense of humour. Also, he was a good driver, something of a relief having experienced some of the local driving.
He has lots of local knowledge, including when the cruise liners dock so that you avoid the queues to the attractions. The day we were out with him was wet and misty but he had an App for his iPhone that predicted when there would be a break in the clouds to make it worthwhile going up to Christ the Redeemer statue! Perhaps it was divine intervention but there was a break in the clouds when we got there!
We are happy to recommend Manu.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ann B
Adelaide, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“We got bumped too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked Manu for 2 days and felt he was good but just not fantastic.
He took us to all the usual fabulous sites of Rio and also to a great place for a typical Brazilian lunch which we all enjoyed immensely.
However, come the second day we didn't get Manu but one of his associates. We had no pre-warning of this, it just happened on the day, not very professional.
Perhaps he just goes to where he gets the best fee for the day......

Visited December 2012
1 Thank AussieBella
Hertford, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I left it very late booking a tour guide and when I contacted Manu by e'mail just a week before arriving in Rio, he was already committed for the day we wanted, but offered a colleague who was available. We decided to book this, as Manu had been so efficient in responding to our e'mails. As it turned out, when we arrived in Rio, Manu was available and so we did a full day tour with him.
There were 7 of us (my 3 children and my parents) and we had an air conditioned van with driver and Manu, who was extremely personable and very informative. I gave him a list of the sights we wanted to see and we covered them all and did a few extra things too that he suggested.
We also booked our airport transfers through Manu and again, these were without a hitch. In short, faultless - highly recommend!

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We contacted Manu a few months before coming to Rio for airport transfers and private tours of Rio, and even though he was already booked he turned us on to his associate Jao for touring the City and his other associate Vicente for airport transfers. I don't think I could say enough good things about these guys. Jao was a true pleasure to hang out with. He never watched the clock and truly loves his City. He is very informative and, I really felt like we became friends rather than just customers. I must say that when Manu asked me to send him money via western union prior to my arrival I was a little concerned, I felt it important to let all my fellow trip advisor lovers know that this guy and his associates are very honest, friendly and timely. If you want a true great Rio experience hire Manu and his team.

1 Thank Stoney89