“Rio's best guide Manu Peclat”

Manu Peclat - Rio Tour Guide
Ranked #8 of 481 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name's Emanuel Peclat, but everybody calls me MANU PECLAT. I'm an accredited local private tour guide in Rio de Janeiro,licensed by the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism for 10 years in "the world's marvellous city". Exclusive, privately taken City Tours with ME as your private guide, on board of a safe, comfortably A/C modern vehicles WITH A SEPARATE DRIVER, allowing me to dedicate FULL ATTENTION to my guests without concerning about traffic, searching for parking spots at the attractions, and saving a precious and valuable time of our tour lenght!! I welcome all travelers with the warmth and smile of my people, the astonishing views of our nature, the richness of our culture, the unforgettable touristic highlights which makes RIO, one of the most visited places in the world. Contact me thru TripAdvisor's contact listed e-mail, and make your trip to Brazil an UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Redondo Beach, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Rio's best guide Manu Peclat”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My girlfriend was doing research for our trip on Trip Advisor and heard about using a private tour guide was the best way to see Rio de Janeiro. She sent me 3 links to choose from and asked me which guide was my first choice. I chose Manu because I liked Manu Peclat's pictures and suggested itinerary and he seemed like a nice friendly guide. My intuition was correct. Not only was Manu friendly and personable, he showed Rio with much love and enthusiasm and was an amazing photographer. I'm really picky about how photos are taken. He had taken a photography class and enjoys taking pictures. He had great angles and took amazing photos with us in them. It was so nice to not have to worry about how the picture was centered or ask if it can be retaken the way I wanted. He knew exactly how and where the best spots for photos. He knew how to set the camera for the best lighting.
Besides being a great photographer, Manu was very knowledgeable. My girlfriend was impressed that he was able to answer every question she had. Since he was a teacher, he knew his facts. Having lived in the U.S. before, he spoke very good English, so it was very easy to understand everything he said. With his colorful and fun personality, Manu made the day so much more fun while learning about the beautiful city of Rio.
He also knew where and what to eat. The food in Brazil is really good. But we got to eat at a peaceful cute artsy cafe in colonial Santa Teresa and had delicious smoked turkey ciabatta sandwiches with sun-dried tomato sauce. There's no way anyone could have that personal experience with a big tour group. In downtown, being a popcorn lover, I noticed the popcorn vendor right away and was hoping to get some. Sure enough, without having to say anything, Manu got us popcorn, which was different but still very good. It was a light caramel popcorn on the bottom half and regular popcorn with real BACON, yes, bacon and not bacon bits on the top half.
It was a beautiful day, seeing the postcard views from Sugar Loaf and paragliders and hang gliders soaring around Christ the Redeemer, which Manu pointed out was rare to see under normal wind conditions. But Manu made our day in Rio even more special and perfect. Thank you, Manu, for such an amazing tour of Rio de Janeiro and allowing us to really enjoy Rio and its many beauty. You made it so much more fun and easy to see this beautiful city. Thank you for showing us the Carioca way of life!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lynne000

• Hebrew first
San Diego, California
“Fantastic tour guide”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

All I can say is Manu is awesome!!! I spent two full days with him and enjoyed every bit of it. Manu loves his country and is very passionate about everything he takes you to. He has an in depth knowledge of the history of Brasil and loves to share it with you. Spending a day or two with Manu will no doubt enrich your time spent in Brasil!!!

Union City, California
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Photographer Extraordinaire + more”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I found Manu through TripAdvisor. I am glad that we did. He is more than a tourist guide but also a very good photographer. Oftentimes it is very difficult to get good photos from asking random people during our travels. With Manu we have many beautiful couples picture to choose from.
Our flight from Argentina was 4 hours delayed due to weather but Manu was there when we landed carrying a placard with our name.
Our tours did not feel rushed and we even had time to go to a restaurant recommended by a friend who had been to Rio previously. He was like a friend touring us around beautiful places in Rio.
We booked a 2 day tour with him and visited places otherwise not covered with standard tours. The only tour that was not worth paying for was the Samba with dinner. I do not recommend this- total waste of time and money. The food was poor and the show was not up to par. This tour was something I requested and not Manu's fault.
He spoke very good English and very helpful in navigating a city that speaks primarily Portuguese.
Tell him what you want right away so he can custom designed it to your needs. I highly recommend him esp if you only has a very limited time in Rio.

Visited September 2012
Stavanger, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way to see Rio”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Being in Rio on business for 10 days, we only had one day off to see a bit more of this place other than the hotel and office, and I cannot think of a better way than this tour to really experience this beautiful city. Our guide, Vicente, picked us up precisely at 9 a.m. at our hotel and took us on a 7 hour tour around Rio. Starting with the beautiful views from the Corcovado, we also visited the charming streets of Santa Theresa, the calm and lush Tejuca rainforest and the fantastic beaches of Barra, just to mention a few of the sights. We also had a fantastic lunch at a local seafood restaurant, which apparently is still a hidden gem among locals, located on a small island in a network of small canals, only accessible by boat. Our guide was very knowledgeable, friendly, funny and easy-going, giving us just enough time to digest the impressions and at the same time providing plenty of information and avoiding any akward silences. Thanks Vicente!

3 Thank FriLand
Stavanger
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect day”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went on a 7 hours guided tour with Vicente Cardone in Rio. He was really knowledgeable and had planned the day really well. Some typically tourist attractions and some not that well known places. We ended the day with a meal at a restaurant on an island with excellent local food.

2 Thank Tone E