“Posh Teresa”
Review of Tereze

Tereze
Reserve with
Tereze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 13,893 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian, French, Latin, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Teresa
Description: International cuisine featuring the best of local fine dining with a French twist. Térèze is an intimate restaurant with a beautiful view of the Guanabara Bay. Especially selected wines are another asset of the place.For dinner, the chef’s menu is definitely a must-try.On weekdays, the Bistronomia menu is an affordable, quick and efficient choice for business lunches.As an event venue, Térèze can receive up to 60 people.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Not the buzzing, brasil you'd expect up in the hills of Santa Teresa, but a refined hotel restaurant serving amazing food (and our service was attentive and prompt in the restaurant) to mostly foreign diners and hotel guests. Very expensive, but if you fancy splurging and want to expand your taste buds in Rio beyond sushi and feijoada, this is a good option.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was excited to try this restaurant given the reputation and previous reviews. We had good food, but service was awful. Service was cold and took a long time. We waited for drinks for 20 minutes. The couple next to us had waited thirty minutes even after complaining. The room was cold to me and unpleasant. Food was interesting, but somehow I had expected more. I think there are many better restaurants in Rio with great service and equally, if not better, food. Would not come back.

1  Thank danielswiss64
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a great experience eating at the Tereze. We loved the ambient, the decoration and the quality of the food. We've been punctually served and we'll be back for sure.

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I'm staying in the hotel which usually means I don't eat dinner at the restaurant there as it's normally a recipe for disappointment. It was suggested by a couple I met that I really should try it so after a long day wandering around Rio I decided to take the easy option and try it.
On first glance (and second) the menu looks expensive so the food better be good. Chose the soup to start and it arrived minus the soup in a bowl with a stupidly large rim (no style points for that craziness) and the actual broth was added to the waiting (single) ravioli. Turned out to be quite nice, whether it was worth R$30 is another matter. Followed it by a Groupa in a broth of mixed vegetables. The fish was very nice but the broth seemed too salty. Finished with the lime tart. An interesting creation as it lacked a base. Gelato on the side.
Wine seemed outrageously expensive. Didn't see wine by the glass, except for desert, but they had a few half bottles. Acqua Minerali was in ridiculous 250ml bottles. On getting the bill discovered that the cost for them had risen from R$7 (in the wine list) to R$10 on the bill. R$7 is a joke but R$10! On querying was told the R$7 price was for the bar, and it has Brasilian water rather than Italian. Not good enough.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great food and service. Breakfast was particularly good. I love black coffee and this was the best during my 10 days in Rio