“Rio the Cidade Maravilhosa”
Review of Gray Line Tours

Gray Line Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Rio de Janeiro provides Tours, Activities and Transfers all over Rio and surrounding regions, providing Last Minute availability and multilingual guides to help you experience Rio.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Our group booked the Rio by Day Tour where we had the pleasure of visiting The Sugar Loaf, Corcovado Hill, stop by the Ipanema Hippie Market and have lunch there. It was a very long day but well worth it. Our tour guide Maria was very friendly and multilingual so she switched to different languages with ease making sure that everyone could take in all the information. Rio is a beautiful city so I am happy that our group got a taste of what makes this city so great. I do commend the people working behind the scenes at Gray Line. They went out of their way to accommodate or request and help us work through some difficult administration details. The staff was very professional and the tours are well organized. I recommend anyone traveling to Rio, especially with a large group to use Gray Line! Thank you very much!

1  Thank lizberry02
Diogo M, Marketing and Sales Manager at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2015

Dear Elizabeth,

It was a pleasure working with you and your group. I hope everyone has enjoyed their stay in Rio and it would be a pleasure welcoming them again if they do come to Rio again.

thank you so much!

"selaron steps"
"camilla"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2014

The first time I took the tour, I was late so the bus already left. However, the fantastic staff of Gray Line allowed me to join the afternoon tour without a hassle! The staff are really helpful and our tour guide is very cool. She addresses everyone by their names and that makes the experience personal. They also answered all my questions/inquiries via e-mail, before actually taking the tour. I have no words! They really are the best. They even helped me set up my next tour in another country and I am very thankful for that.

Dear Trishvel,

It was a pleasure showing you the best sites of Rio. Our staff is here to help, don't hesitate in addressing any of your doubts before taking the tour and if you are left with unaswered questions regarding the sights or the history, please post us on our facebook page, and we'll make sure you you are cleared of your doubts!

Thank you so much and looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Pedro Malta,

on behalf of

Reviewed September 26, 2014

first, they are late to pick us up , then endless waiting others for almost 2 hours during lunch break. if you can, just ask hotel to book you in the private tour, then you can see it by yourself better.

Diogo M, Marketing and Sales Manager at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2015

Dear Julienne H,

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken your commentaries into consideration and have invested in a solution for multilingual tours. We will be launching a Full GPS-Trickered audio system in 9 languages as to keep you informed throughout our courtesy pick ups (you have the choice to go to the last departure point if you do not want to participate in pick ups) and to keep you informed in your own language for the duration of the tour. This will we will be able to deliver more information without the inconvinience of changing languages.

we do also offer Private tours if you are looking for a different personal experience.

Thank you for your feedback.

Pedro Malta,

on behalf of Diogo.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I booked a canoe tour through TripAdvisor.com (the vendor was Viator). I was charged $140 for the tour, and received a confirmation and voucher. Once in Brazil, my hotel called to confirm my tour, and was given the ok. A bus picked me up, and as it was driving away the guide started talking about a different tour. I told him that's not what I signed up for, and he told me I was wrong. I told him to look at my voucher, and he kept telling me I was wrong and that his company didn't offer the tour. Eventually he looked at the voucher, realized HE was wrong, and brought me back to my hotel. One hour wasted. The company eventually told me that they only offer the tour if 5+ people sign up, but yet didn't see the need to tell me or refund my money. They didn't understand why I was upset.