“Worlds travel company EVER”
Review of Gray Line Tours

$92.00*
Angra dos Reis Day Trip and Schooner Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Rio de Janeiro provides Tours, Activities and Transfers all over Rio and surrounding regions, providing Last Minute availability and multilingual guides to help you experience Rio.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE.
Was picked up an hour late and dropped off 45 mins early - ie the tour was actually half the time it was meant to be - pathetic company

1  Thank FemaleForLife
Diogo M, Gerente at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Customer

Sorry but with this kind of complaint that´s no way how can Gray Line knows who you are and which activity you did with us.

I´ll wait your info so we can check this information.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Gray Line Tours

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked a 1/2 day tour trhough Viator. I did not know what local carrier they were using and it was not included in the confirmation. The confirmation said the driver would arrive at my hotel at 1pm. They did not arrive until 2:30. It was to be a 4 hr tour and most of that time was waiting for the bus and then going around to all the hotels to get people. They need to 1. tell you the exact time based on hotel. 2 do not advertise it as 4 hrs - you get about 1 1/2 hrs if lucky. It not only wasted my money but my precious time in Rio. NEVER again

5  Thank 1st_time_rio
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Recently returned from 3 week trip to Brazil, had a fantastic time but had a few problems during my trip mainly due to Gray line Tours Brazil.

Booked a day tour around Rio to see Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain with Grayline Tours. We got stuck in traffic, arrived at our pick up point 3mins late and the company did not even wait for 3mins! They just left us behind! We rescheduled for 8th Feb, we turned up early and so did Grayline Tours so good job we turned up earlier than the pick up time! They then were not sure which bus to put us on which added to our confusion. The day trip was ok, lunch was way too long - 2hrs plus they did not seem to know which buses to put people on in the afternoon!

Unfortunately we had the same company for our day trips in Iguassu! The Brazilian side of the Falls, Grayline actually turned up on time - but the guide was very rude about us to the fellow passengers in Portuguese and could not be bothered to speak even pigeon english! The Grayline day trip to the Argentinean side of the falls was even worse! We were told to be ready for 07:30am, half an hour later we had to call Grayline to confirm they were still coming and at 08:30am the tour guide eventually turned up, as she could not find the accommodation. She was confused regarding the pick up time we had been given by Grayline as it was always 08:30am as the park does not open until 09:00am. Overall, a very badly organised company and my advice do not book with this company as they caused us alot of stress on the holiday!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked this tour through Viator, and had I known it was through Grayline, and had seen these reviews, I would have done it.
Biggest waste of money and rip off ever.
I won't repeat what has been said earlier, but it really is a waste of a day. You could see everything that takes 11 hours in about 4 or 5, for much less money.
The "guides" disappear once you get where you need to go.
We spent 2.5 hours on top of Sugarloaf, and let me tell you, what a waste of time. you need maybe 45 minutes there, tops.
When I went to meet the group, they were nowhere to be found, and I called the dispatch and they told me to take a taxi to the resturant for our lunch, which as described earlier, was pretty awful.
Anyway, PLEASE avoid at all costs.

2  Thank chicagotraveler32
Diogo M, General Manager at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Chicago Traveller 32

Thank you for your feedback about our tours.

We understand your frustation with what happend.

But you wore part of a group of 40+ people and only you and one more couple fail to come back with the rest of the group to the meeting point as schedule with our guide. The rest of the group was in time and continue the tour normally.

Also you met with this group after take your cab and contiune the tour.

During your time with us you had tickets on hand with no lines in both mounuments even in the high season

Last but not least we highly respect our trip advisor reviews, but we strongly support you and future travellers to read our reviews on viator.com

Best Regards

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Viator Tours booked us a helicopter tour over Iguazu tours with Gray Line. We had no clue as to where and when to meet. Despite advance attempts to coordinate pickup, they did not pick up the phone until the morning of our tour and only then did we find out they do not do pick- ups at our hotel. When we finally met them up and started heading over to the Brazil side, we were denied entry because we had no visa- NO ONE INSTRUCTED US WE NEEDED A VISA- even travel books note that entry for a few hours are typically not necessary. When we asked the Gray Line tour guides we were with how they normally do it they said its their first time!! Wasted 3 hours and $60 USD on taxis leaving and going back to our hotel. Save yourself the grief and book with others.

1  Thank Anne628