“ok hotel in an interesting neighborhood”
Review of Hotel Granada

Hotel Granada
Ranked #102 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel is just ok.. the first night I lost TV signal (no cable or antenna).... I called the frontdesk and they told it is all over the hotel. The next morning when I went down for breakfast, I asked again and they said they are trying to fix it and perhaps, it may be fixed until the end of the day. I told the gentleman, if it is not fixed by the time I return in the evening, I will not pay the same rate! After that, within the time it took me to take the elevator and get to my room, the signal was back on.. I wondered what was that about?...
The neighborhood like some Centros in cities, is full of prostitutes... so, be careful...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank travel2findoneself

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We enjoyed a nice stay at this hotel. After reading the reviews here, we weren't expecting to find Hotel Granada to offer such a good value for the price we've paid. The meals are very good and the rooms are quite comfortable. It is also placed in a nice area. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carl F
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the first night we arrived in Brazil after a long flight. The room was clean if a little dark we had booked 2 rooms and I was very surprised when we were given rooms next door to each other without having to ask!
Breakfast is hearty and the porters are great ask for Raul he can't do enough for you.
The hotel is good for a short stay the neighbourhood is a bit run down and as it was our first night we didn't walk around at all. Looked better in the morning and the cathedral is just a 2min walk away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ManchesterKetchup
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our stay at the Hotel Granda was wonderful! Most of the hotel staff spoke English, breakfast was tasty and the room was comfortable and clean. However, I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you are a tourist due to the location. The neighborhood isn't very nice and we didn't feel safe walking around near it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Kristen K
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here from June 30 - July 3, 2013.

This hotel is located in Lapa. All the times I've been to Rio, this is the first time I visited Lapa. I liked it. It seemed more active than Coppacabana. This hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the first hotel I stayed at this trip. I had no problems walking around this area even at night. The lastest I stayed out was about 22:00. So maybe after that time it might be rougher?

I guess the renovations must be done because I didn't hear any construction going on and the room I got looked like a brand new room. Modern, decent size and clean. Of the three hotels I stayed at this trip, I liked this one the best even though I had to walk a little further to Rio Branco where my friend works.

Staff was great. All the ones I spoke with, spoke English. Many restaurants near-by but not sure if these restaurant are open during the weekend.

I had to borrow an adaptor here also. This hotel used a three round prong plug-in. The wifi worked great here.
Also, I was a littled worried about the hot water issued I read about earlier. No problem in my room. Hot water for the shower was wonderful.

This hotel had the best breakfast of the three. Wasn't a big spread, but decent, and did have hot food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank gmon
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at Granada Hotel in June, 2013. The room is good, was renovated and decoration is new. Breakfast is well served, with many options. Easy to move to downtown atractions and you have free internet on in your room.

Bathroom is so tiny that you can hurt yourself if you do not take a lot of care. Location is OK if you do not mind being far from the beach. It is located in downtown, close to Lapa bars. I walked 2 blocks far from hotel at night and did not think it is safe. During the day, it is ok as there many people working on the area. In my second night, it was really noise because the acoustic of the room is not that good and I could hear people singing samba in the restaurant located across the street.

Overall, I would say it is good for people doing business in downtown and that do not worry about being in the hotel room at night, because it is not safe to walk around.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank mendesas
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at this hotel for 3 days. Close to many restaurants and bars. Safe location as Police Station is just nearby. The place is nice and clean. We had a comfy stay and were very satisfied. Breakfast is ok. Staff were accommodating and the best part is they go extra mile to remind you to be extra careful. An example of that is when me and my friend is already across the road, the hotel staff went out of the hotel and came to us just to remind my friend to be careful of his DSLR Camera. Fantastic Customer Service (:

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends