“Outstanding food pricey though” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Espirito Santa

Espirito Santa
Ranked #205 of 13,575 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Santa Teresa
“Outstanding food pricey though”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Amazing place,specially out on the terrace.Haute cousins,expensive,50 reais per main course in average.good cocktails as well.romantic atmosphere.perfect for a treat.

Rio de Janeiro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food and view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The balcony in the back provides a nice overview of Santa Teresa area and the food (from the Amazon) was really good. I had "Arroz de P... Rica" with hot sauce and it was delicious! Another time I was there and got a table on the mezanine, which was also nice because you get more privacy.

1 Thank Rio-Urban
Boston
“Delicious Food - Waiter Stole Credit Card”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

This restaurant was a short walk from our guesthouse in Santa Teresa and we wanted to try it out. Arrived at 7 PM on Friday night and chose a table in the back overlooking the hills. Nice view and much quieter than out front. Filet mignon for both of us. Excellent. Great dessert too. Pretty reasonably priced. Unfortunately at the end of the night the waiter ran my card at the table, gave me my receipt all the while chatting up my partner who speaks Portuguese. I did not realize I did not have my card until the morning. By the time I called there were several charges on it from the night before. I will know better next time.

Visited July 2012
Napa, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Regional Brazilian Cuisine in a Bohemian Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently visited Espirito Santa in Santa Teresa and found the food really delicious and interesting. Many regional dishes that I was excited to try like the Sopa de Jambu. We enjoyed the Bolinos de Bacalao, and also theappetizer Tapioca and Coconut Cakes with Leeks & Shrimp, very tasty. Had an excellent Amazonian fish dish wrapped in a Collard leaf with Castania do Para and a gingery banana sauce, really delicious. Another interesting regional dish, if only for the name, was Arroz la Putua Rica, a rich dish of rice, farmers cheese, coconut milk, corn, chicken & linguica from the North East. All of this was washed down by copious caipirihnas, (do try the Maracuja variation!) There was a good chocolate cake with mango sauce, but my favorite was the warm Bolo de Queijo de Mineros with Guava Sauce. My one complaint was on one occaision very loud DJ music, making it difficult to carry a conversation, but the staff quickly accommodated our request to lower the decibel level. We also had difficulty making a phone reservation and ended up just walking in with no problem.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank michouxoxo
“Amazon´s food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Service regular,kind of food or you like it or not!Nice local but...

1 Thank Humberto C