Altos de Santa Teresa is not the place for everybody. If you search for touristic attractions close to Copacabana you may delete this name from you list.
It is for those who try to escape from ordinary routes and explore more. Ex-mansion converted into a cosy hotel with very home atmosphere where you feel as if you are staying at your friends' place full of books, advice and great views.
It is not very comfortable in terms of logistics or 5-star hotel service. We have also met two taxists who just didn't know how to arrive in spite of a great detailed map Danielle equips you on the date of your arrival. You pass through some favelas on your way up to Altos. We have problems with hot water a number of times. Breakfast is unpretentious but prepared with much attention. But all these drawbacks are nothing compared to what you get. You get stunning view that will make you wake up in the morning to trace down every second of sunrise on a fantastic terrace with one of the best views ever. You get spacious modern rooms and good company. If you don't like to rush, you may spend a Sunday morning in Santa Teresa district with its normal weekend rhythm, take a coffee in one of its nice bars, stroll down narrow streets with nice mansions and observe local people. You can just feel yourself part of Rio life and understand something more about it than just a number of cliche.
NB: During our stay the hotel didn't accept credit cards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Altos de Santa Teresa Guest House is located 4 km from Arcos da Lapa and 6 km from Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas. Santos Dumont Airport is 20min and Galeao 40min. The hotel offers Wi-Fi internet at no additional cost. The suites are equipped with air conditioning, LCD cable TV, minibar, digital safe, hair dryer, closet and large bathroom. Facilities include free private parking, maid service, heated pool and whirlpool. The breakfast can be enjoyed in the main lounge or on the deck overlooking the Sugar Loaf, Christ Redeemer and Guanabara Bay. Serves a Brazilian buffet with different varieties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Altos de Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altos De Santa Teresa Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Altos De Santa Teresa Rio De Janeiro, Brazil