Margarida's Pousada
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mar Ipanema Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Marco Ipanema(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Praia Ipanema Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Pool
Everest Rio Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Everest Park Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Promenade Visconti(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Beachfront
Ipanema Tower(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshome away from homedidn t workrooms are clean and comfortableplace to stayipanemabalconyriocorcovadobankssupermarkettaxibrazil
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2014

this is not a five-star inn, but for the traveler looking for somewhere that has character and a great location, I highly recommend Margarida's Pousada. The best thing about this place is the people that run it. We had some problems getting there on time and they were very accommodating. We were on a 1st name basis with the people that run this hotel after only a couple of days. I especially love the breakfast in the morning, nothing fancy, but good fruits and coffee. This place has a great location only 3 blocks from the beach. We went there just about every day and it was very easy to be out on the beach by morning. This hotel is a family-owned business and we felt very comfortable staying there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Fancy staying in rio in a very safe area, having a taste of humanity despite the fact you are surrounded by crazy vip hotels? Come here ! Mrs margarida will welcome you in her 3 floors pousada. she and sonia (who speaks very good english) will make you feel you're not in a cold super vip area in ipanema, but in a professional family hotel, for example she let us keep the room after the check out time as we needed to stay a little bit longer because of a late flight. BUT mrs margarida and her staff need definitely to improve the clean factor.. We stayed in 4 other hotels in brasil( including a tiny lodge in the amazon forest) and tgis is by far the dirtiest.. What a pity!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I love staying in nice places so I'm so glad we stayed here! This is a lovely guest house with friendly people.

We checked in very late around 1am and were warmly welcomed and shown to our room.

I was very sick at the time and spent most of our first day in Rio in our room. The staff were exceptional. Sonia gave me lots of great advice and made sure I had everything I needed. I really appreciated how concerned everyone was and how they wanted to make sure I was comfortable and getting better.

Our room was large, with a big fridge, plenty of storage, big flat screen TV with English channels and it's own large bathroom with hot shower.  There was also a small table and two chairs and a large comfortable bed.

Location is fabulous, a couple of blocks from Ipanema beach and there are loads of restaurants and shops nearby.  We had dinner out nearby when I was feeling better and walked back at night okay.  The area felt safe which was good.

Breakfast was served in a small kitchen area and was good, lots of rolls with ham, cheese, coffee, tea, a really nice lemon, jams, cereals, fruit and the lady who served us offered to cook us eggs too.

All the staff we met were really friendly.  Sonia gave us lots of recommendations for things to do and how to get around and the young man at reception arranged a transfer to Ilha Grande for us.

We would have loved to stay longer but we had already booked accommodation in Ilha Grande which we could not change.

Would love to go back to Rio and would definitely stay here again and recommend.

Also for miss the fresh coconut water from the stall on the corner right near the guest house - I have been craving it since!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eatydrinky
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Lovely place, lovely staff. I cannot say that Margaridas Pousada is a luxury place, however, the rooms are really clean, good space, comfortable bed and pillow, nice shower, a bit noise because of the air conditioning but not a problem at all to sleep. Small room to have breakfast but also lovely with good fresh fruits and tasty homemade sweets and very good scrambled eggs.
Best points, the location (the best neighborhood in Rio) and the amazing helpful and friendly but never annoying staff. They gave us their own bikes and also borrowed a little money cause the ATMs didn't work.

I really do recommend the place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I can't say enough great things about this place. The owner and staff were so accommodating. Had a great room with a TV with cable that really helped me practice Portuguese. The breakfast is on the top floor where you mingle with other guests or can sit outside on the balcony. It's quaint, has internet downstairs, 24 hour watchman if you want to stay out late and come back late, arrangements made easily to airport. Sonja is ever so helpful also. It's a great place to get your bearings too because it is so perfectly located. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel