“naah”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

since the pricelevel was high i would rate the value rather bad.. taste was ok, but they tried the tourist trick offering a starter we did not order, surely one would expect more class in a place like this. the athmosphere was kind of ruined after this... i would not go again

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I ate at Bar do Beto on my last day in Rio de Janeiro. I was planning on eating at another restaurant for lunch, but my friend told me about the excellent meal he ate there the previous night. He recommended that I try the moqueca. I went to the restaurant and took his advice. The restaurant is in a nice area near other restaurants in Ipanema. The meal itself was excellent, but it was also very pricey. The service was good, and I was the only non-Brazilian in the restaurant as far as I could tell. I would give the restaurant a higher rating, but I think their prices are a little bit high compared to what you receive. If you like seafood, I can recommend the Moqueca.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

A group of us had a wonderful meal on the 2nd floor of the restaurant. The drinks were awesome and the food was delicious. The staff did not speak English but they were kind and tried very hard to meet our needs. If ever given the opportunity, I would return. The really went out of their way to provide great service.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Would go back a second time for the 'complete feijoada'. Think black bean stew with all kinds of meats and sausage. Order the noble meats (filet, sirloin, ribeye) if you are not adventurous.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were strolling around Ipanema on a Sunday after visiting the Hippie fair, when we came across this restaurant. It looked more respectable than the neighboring eateries, so we walked in. There was only one vacant table, and all the visitors were local - a good sign. The waiter knew we were tourists, so he brought us an appetizer platter for 20 R, which we did not ask for, thinking we are gullible, but we knew the trick and asked him to take it back. Both the churrasco and the pizza we ordered were good. The bill: 158R. They included the tip. it was fun to watch all the locals, who were coming from the beach or shopping, dressed in shorts, not in elegant fashionable outfits, as i imagine Brazilians would be dressed on a Sunday. Overall, it was an interesting place.