“Amazing hospitality in a brilliant location!”

Bed and Breakfast Leblon
Ranked #66 of 328 Rio de Janeiro B&B and Inns
“Amazing hospitality in a brilliant location!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed with Stella for 3 nights in June and absolutely loved everything about the place - hospitality, location, the room and mostly the breakfast! After seeing the exorbitant hotel rates in Rio we decided on a B&B and weren't disappointed. Stella and her husband were available to provide advice hen required but most of the time it felt like we were in our own apartment. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for a week and really enjoyed staying in the flat and where it was located. A great choice - much better than a hotel. Stella really helpful in planning and accommodating our needs for early breakfast which was always tasty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed with my teenage daughter for two nights; Stella made us feel welcome and we had a great time. The apartment is small but the bedroom is of a good size with two beds, a double and a single, and was very clean. The shower-room is shared. The aircon worked fine when we needed it. The breakfast was amongst the best we had during our whole trip to Brazil with excellent coffee and toast, honey, yoghurt and fruit. The location is really excellent in a safe residential area only one block from Leblon/Ipanema beach and also near to shops and restaurants.

I'd give five stars if it were not for the construction works to extend the Rio metro which are currently going on in the square in front of the apartment building and make the room noisy during the day but it's no problem as you can always go and hang out on the beachfront!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Bed and Breakfast Leblon. Stella was very friendly and extremely helpful in planning a wonderful day around Rio. The room was very comfortable with clean towels everyday, flatscreen cable tv, computer, fast wifi, AC and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom across the hallway was also very clean and nice. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of variety- a great start to our days of touring around. The area was perfect, a block away from a fantastic beach and plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops nearby. We felt completely safe in this area. For the room that we got in this location for this price, the value was excellent. Would definitely stay again next time we are in Rio and would recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

OTTAWA
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We (my sister and I) stayed with Stella during part of carnaval. The apartment has everything you need just as is described when making your reservation. Breakfast is amazing. I felt like i was at a five star after weeks of hosteling it. It was a nice break to feel at home. The customer service is phenomonal. Location is excellent as well. I recommend this place highly, BUT if you are looking to meet people and stuff like you do at hostels I wouldnt stay here (more geared toward young partiers), just becasue its a more private type of accomodation, but it is awesome!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deesensfan
TrueBBLeblon, Proprietário at Bed and Breakfast Leblon, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you. You and your sister are lovely guests! For me it was a pleasure, I hope to have you here often. Come back, come back ever. Always welcome! Thank you very much! Big hugs!!!
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very good place to stay during your visit to Rio de Janeiro. The house is situated close to the beach of Leblon and it is easy to reach all the places of interest and Ipanema and Copacabana areas on foot or by transport. Leblon area has many cafes - there are many places to eat.
The room is cosy and has everything you need: a computer, a TV with many channels, big wardrobe. The towels are changed every day. The bathroom is shared but it wasn't a problem. There is a hair-dryer if you need one.
The breakfast is good: some fruit, every day different, juice, also changes from day to day, youghurt with musli, toasts, sausage and cheese, some cakes. Coffee or tea or cacao.
There is some outside works right now so it can be a bit noisy. Also I have to mention that the air-conditioner is a bit old and doesn't cool the area enough when it is hot outside.
But still I recommend this place for everybody who visits Rio.
Thanks for the hospitality!

Room Tip: there are two rooms, one is bigger, I recommend to choose the bigger one (it has 2 beds - one large...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback! Only issue was saddened by the air conditioning ... I could not believe when I read, the air conditioning is new and freezes perfectly! Every day I asked you if it was okay if you were satisfied that all was right and you told me that yes, everything was great. I never said there was something wrong with the air conditioner. The only explanation I can deduce for this is that you do not have linked air conditioning but the fan running on the same machine, but that would have been solved with a simple turn of a button if you had told me they could not turn on the air conditioning . What a pity that lack of communication... Anyway, I appreciate your kindness in recommending our home. I hope we can meet again, it was a pleasure to welcome you, you are lovely guests. Best wishes!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed with Stella over the Carnaval period. I was so happy with the accommodation and Stella was extremely welcoming, friendly and happy to answer any questions. The room was clean and had a very large comfortable bed. The location was perfect and I felt very safe in the area. The breakfast was plentiful, fresh juices, bread, museli, yoghurt, cheese and meats, wonderful! If I am ever in Rio again I will definitely be staying at Bed and Breakfast Leblon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
TrueBBLeblon, Proprietário at Bed and Breakfast Leblon, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Wow, how fast! Oh, thanks a lot for the comment! It was a great pleasure to meet her and have her in our place, thanks for coming. Check back often, you're very welcome!!! :))