Toledo Copacabana Hotel
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$148
$120
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$324
$184
Sheraton.com
$173
  • Breakfast included
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$119
$85
Official Hotel
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Yes the location is great and the price is right but 4 of my friends had things stolen from their bags while they were in storage. We would have been better off taking our things into the flavella with us. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CHesch
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Rio gets such bad press about safety that I was pretty apprehensive when I arrived there. I stayed in this hotel which is in Copacabana and a block from the beach in a good neighborhood. I had nothing to worry about. I paid $100 per night (which is very reasonable) & got a large room with attached bathroom and a view of the ocean (I slept each night to the sound of the waves!). On the downside, the hotel is rundown and needs renovation. If you don't mind overlooking the stains on the wall and the occasional peeling plaster, you'll be reasonably happy here. It's also a short walk to the subway
station--Sequira Campos.

I stayed for almost a week and found Rio to be quite safe in general. It feels like any big city and you should take only basic precautions. Travel guide books generate far too much paranoia about the city. It's nothing like that at all. Just stay in a good location (Copacabana or Ipanema would be ideal) and be back in your hotel before midnight unless you go out in a group. I was by myself, so I was careful.

With regard to food, if you're on a small budget, eat at the Comida a Quilo places. These are buffets
where you pick & choose what you want to eat. The plate is then weighed and the price determined according to the price per kilo. You will see "Self-Service" signs outside these restaurants.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank tunai
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I just stayed there & gladly for only one night. The room had mold on the ceiling & the bath was stained by rust. When I turned on the water orange rusty water came out. The bed had a plastic cover & the overall feel of the place was more than tired. The staff do try but no one really speaks English which is hard. We asked for help getting a cab & they flagged one off the street which took us around the world to our next location & pretended to not speak English but suddenly responded when I was angry. Needs improvement avoid the hotel if you can.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Farfalla_1987
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Awful, do not go there!
First thing in our room was a cockroach.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jopina
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Hotel Toledo is a block away from Copacabana beach, inexpensive (for the area) and has some very large rooms (high floors at back have views). The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included. The downside is that the hotel needs a major upgrade. The carpets are worn, the furniture is stained and old, the beds are lumpy, aircon is noisy and the bathrooms are dated and mouldy. But if you are on a limited budget and want somewhere centrally located, it is worth staying here a few nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 10th floor and up at the back of the hotel for a view of the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends