Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Visit to brazil

First time visiting Brazil.. I found by accident the name of the travel agency bromelia Rio tours... read more

Reviewed April 23, 2020
zinaayoub
Lebanon
Rio De Janeiro - Christ the Redeemer

Lauren was very professional when helping us plan our trip and activities in Rio. The tour guide... read more

Reviewed March 21, 2020
Shayne216
via mobile

All reviews street party photo tour travel concierge food tour local guide amazing experience botanical gardens christ the redeemer lauren samba company culture brazil tours ipanema rio carnival
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2018

Lauren, the owner of the company permitted us to live like a local and to understand more Brazil and why a lot of things are working like this in Brazil.
We went to a typical samba street party, PERFECT and AMAZING ! Probably one of the best memory of my life.

Thank you again Lauren. I'll recommend your company to everyone who want to go to Brazil.

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Merci bien! It is with such great pleasure that we plan all the excursions to truly make you feel like a local. But this is what makes us feel so rewarded, is when we see guests from abroad truly happy to be in Brazil, enjoying the beauty of what it has to offer. We loved meeting you and can't wait to cross paths again. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your memory!

Reviewed January 31, 2018

My fiancé and I have joined Bromelia's Backstreet Samba Party and Dois Irmãos Hiking/Favela tour. We had an amazing time with Lauren and other participants! Samba Party was so unique and we could not have found such a cool local party without joining the activity. Hiking and Favela tour was also fantastic. Her husband who is a native of Rio knew the best viewpoints on Dois Irmãos and we felt safe taking a walk in Vidigal Favela with a local. Laurent is such a lovely woman and she is so much fun to hang out with. She was nice to give us advice on other things we did outside of our activities with Bromelia. I recommend taking Bromelia's activities if you are in Rio and want to have an authentic Rio experience!

Date of experience: January 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We also could not have been happier to welcome you both. The Samba party was such good fun as it is the heart of Samba Season!! And the view from Dois Irmãos is one of my favorites in Rio. You are welcome back anytime. We would be extremely happy to welcome you.

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

Traveled to Rio in beginning of January and booked several tours with Bromelia. Best thing was that Lauren really took the time to explain all alterativs for the time I was in Rio. I even gott a hand written paper whit all the options that I was interested in and then I could make my plan for the week.

“Samba night” started whit a very nice time an hour before we went in to the samba, we got to know the group for the evening and it was a great time for chat while we had a caipirinha. Lauren then explained everything about the evening. Lauren and Val took really good care of us from the start to end and we had a very nice time all evening.

I also went for a hike in the mountains guided by Val. This is a really a must because we gott to see how big Rio really are beyond Ipanema and copacabana. Wonderful 360 view of Rio. I got the best pictures from this trip. We hade a very nice Acai break on the mountain. And we could see a fawela like the locals whit Val.

Motorbike ride in Rio whit Val.
This was a very interesting trip whit many stops for photos all over Rio, from the jungle in the mountains to graffiti in Down town Rio. Really gave me the bigger picture of Rio.

Surf lessons
Sooooo fun to have catch my first wave. Really nice to do in the morning and then relax like a surfer at the Ipanema beach.

Lauren and Val really took an interest in finding me the perfect experience of Rio.

Really want to go back soon for a samba night, a hike, some surfing and maybe try hang gliding

Thanks for helping me to find the perfect experience of Rio. /Samuel

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Thank you Samuel! We could not have been happier to have you here in Rio during New Year's, enjoying all these wonderful Rio activities. You were so lovely to have around...enthusiastic...polite...kind...interesting...and just overall fun to have around. We hope to keep in touch and as you are a regular traveller to Brazil, fingers crossed we will get to see you soon! Beijos Grandes, L & V

Reviewed January 29, 2018

We went to Rio last December/January and booked two tours with bromelia. A helicopter tour which was really special for us and a tour at botanical gardens and parque lage. Lauren is such a enchanting person and we enjoyed spending time with her so much! She truly looked after our every need and was such a perfect local guide! Our number one in Rio de Janeiro! Thanks a lot!

Date of experience: January 2018

Thank you for your lovely review! It was equally wonderful to spend time with both of you. We feel so lucky to have been able to welcome you properly in Rio de Janeiro and love even more the incredible Instagram Stories & Images you have been continually posting since your departure. We love seeing the city through your eyes. Come back any time! We will be waiting for you.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

Hello Readers,

I am not very accustomed to writing reviews, but I think that it is essential that I try my best to provide accurate insight into Lauren Quinn’s operation with Bromelio Rio Travel & Tours. When I find myself reading reviews, I am usually in search of a genuine, honest, and relatable account of events. So….Here we go.

Brazil has been my husband’s dream vacation, since his childhood. So it was very little of a surprise that that he chose this location for New Years. My husband and I are currently working in Afghanistan and have been for the past several years. Due to many complexities, we are often faced with 1-2 vacations a year, and for some odd reason New Year’s celebrations have proven to be favorites. Unfortunately, this year we were faced with some unforeseen work issues which prevented my husband from taking leave with me. I ended up spending months going back and forth with my husband about where I would spend 30 days of vacation time going into New Year’s. I was a solid advocate for Vietnam and Cambodia and the deal was almost sealed. My husband came to me with his Ipad and said “I have found the one & you are going to Rio”. After looking at the beautiful website that was extremely comprehensive as opposed to all of the rest; That was all she wrote…..

Initially, I gave Lauren information about myself. I told her what I liked about my previous travels and what I looked to gain during my stay in Brazil. Lauren was awesome to talk to and the connection was instant. She provided a first draft of the itinerary a couple of days later, and I was so impressed. I was able to spend time in Santa Teresa, Ipanema, Iguacu Falls, and Paraty over a span of 2 ½ weeks. I never could have constructed something so seamless.

When I arrived in beautiful Brazil, my hopes and dreams had come into fruition. When I met Lauren in person, I literally fell in love. She has a personality to light up any room. Every tour that Lauren provided was not only safe, but also in conjunction with my hopes of gaining the most out of my trip. My hotels were all very premium exactly as described. Every restaurant recommendation from Lauren was also on point. I spent a lot of time with Lauren and in-turn asked for many request i.e. shopping, groceries, nightlife, etc. To be frank, she never let me down and not once did I ever feel unsafe and/unsure about my decisions. I have full confidence in Lauren Quinn.

I know that I have kind of touched on my experience overall and less about every detail. The main takeaway I am aspiring to present is that Lauren Quinn can accommodate any vacation, whether it be upscale or on a tight budget. She has a true love and admiration for the culture, and really wants everyone to experience it. For the first time in my travels, I have made a lifelong friend. I look forward to my many vacations to Brazil by way of Bromelio Rio Travel & Tours

Date of experience: December 2017
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

I feel welled up when I read this incredibly touching review. Thank you for the bottom of my heart for your review. It was an honor and a pleasure to plan such an incredible trip for you and your lovely Sister. Not only did I get such enjoyment out of co-creating such a colorful itinerary, but I got the pleasure of getting to you know you very well during your stay in Brazil. I also feel like I have made a lifelong friend. Your energy and enthusiasm for life long outlasted your stay in the country. I look back at countless moments dancing, laughing and exploring. You have left a strong and loving impression and I feel grateful to have met you. Can't wait for you and your husband to return!! You have a gem. Take care & know you always have family in Brazil! Warmest Regards & Beijos, Lauren from Bromelia Rio