“The most unforgettable Rio experience ”

Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer family-friendly Rio de Janeiro Tours 52 wks/year. On our site, you can find sample itineraries of what's included, duration & activity. We focus on fast/thorough communication, customer service & authentic travel. We're a Travel Agency licensed to operate as a Tour Operator by the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism (Cadastur).
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

After a week and a half of traveling all around Brazil, and feeling a bit like a foreigner, it was so amazing to arrive and be taken care of by Lauren. Not only did speaking to her make us feel right at home, Lauren is a wealth of information about Rio, Brazilians, and Brazilian culture. She has all the insider information of to do’s and not to do’s, what to see and what to skip, and a bunch of practical information we had not considered. Lauren runs a travel agency and has different tours you can pay to do. I always wanted to go to a favela and see the more raw side of Rio, so we chose the favela tour. Her partner Val leads the tour and he couldn’t be a nicer guy. In the tour we walked to the base of favela and took a motorcycle taxi (totally exciting) to the top, after that we got dropped off and started the hike which I can say was one of the top five hiking experiences for me. The breathtaking views, the family of monkeys, the safe feeling of other tourists around, the delicious açaí treat at the end of the hike, made it all really memorable. Thanks Lauren for the perfect stay, we will definitely be back!

Date of experience: February 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

You boys could not have been lovelier. I loved chatting Rio with you both and thank you again for the amazing haircut you gave me! I feel lucky to have shared your birthday week with you. You are welcome in Rio anytime! Warm Regards, Lauren [founder of Bromelia Rio Travel]

All reviews
"brazilian music"
"felt safe"
"amazing experience"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"amazing tour"
"ipanema beach"
"sugarloaf mountain"
"sugar loaf"
"lauren"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed January 31, 2018

Lauren, the owner of the company permitted us to live like a local and to understand more Brazil and why a lot of things are working like this in Brazil.
We went to a typical samba street party, PERFECT and AMAZING ! Probably one of the best memory of my life.

Thank you again Lauren. I'll recommend your company to everyone who want to go to Brazil.

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Merci bien! It is with such great pleasure that we plan all the excursions to truly make you feel like a local. But this is what makes us feel so rewarded, is when we see guests from abroad truly happy to be in Brazil, enjoying the beauty of what it has to offer. We loved meeting you and can't wait to cross paths again. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your memory!

Reviewed January 31, 2018

My fiancé and I have joined Bromelia's Backstreet Samba Party and Dois Irmãos Hiking/Favela tour. We had an amazing time with Lauren and other participants! Samba Party was so unique and we could not have found such a cool local party without joining the activity. Hiking and Favela tour was also fantastic. Her husband who is a native of Rio knew the best viewpoints on Dois Irmãos and we felt safe taking a walk in Vidigal Favela with a local. Laurent is such a lovely woman and she is so much fun to hang out with. She was nice to give us advice on other things we did outside of our activities with Bromelia. I recommend taking Bromelia's activities if you are in Rio and want to have an authentic Rio experience!

Date of experience: January 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We also could not have been happier to welcome you both. The Samba party was such good fun as it is the heart of Samba Season!! And the view from Dois Irmãos is one of my favorites in Rio. You are welcome back anytime. We would be extremely happy to welcome you.

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

Traveled to Rio in beginning of January and booked several tours with Bromelia. Best thing was that Lauren really took the time to explain all alterativs for the time I was in Rio. I even gott a hand written paper whit all the options that I was interested in and then I could make my plan for the week.

“Samba night” started whit a very nice time an hour before we went in to the samba, we got to know the group for the evening and it was a great time for chat while we had a caipirinha. Lauren then explained everything about the evening. Lauren and Val took really good care of us from the start to end and we had a very nice time all evening.

I also went for a hike in the mountains guided by Val. This is a really a must because we gott to see how big Rio really are beyond Ipanema and copacabana. Wonderful 360 view of Rio. I got the best pictures from this trip. We hade a very nice Acai break on the mountain. And we could see a fawela like the locals whit Val.

Motorbike ride in Rio whit Val.
This was a very interesting trip whit many stops for photos all over Rio, from the jungle in the mountains to graffiti in Down town Rio. Really gave me the bigger picture of Rio.

Surf lessons
Sooooo fun to have catch my first wave. Really nice to do in the morning and then relax like a surfer at the Ipanema beach.

Lauren and Val really took an interest in finding me the perfect experience of Rio.

Really want to go back soon for a samba night, a hike, some surfing and maybe try hang gliding

Thanks for helping me to find the perfect experience of Rio. /Samuel

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Thank you Samuel! We could not have been happier to have you here in Rio during New Year's, enjoying all these wonderful Rio activities. You were so lovely to have around...enthusiastic...polite...kind...interesting...and just overall fun to have around. We hope to keep in touch and as you are a regular traveller to Brazil, fingers crossed we will get to see you soon! Beijos Grandes, L & V

See more reviews
Reviewed January 29, 2018

We went to Rio last December/January and booked two tours with bromelia. A helicopter tour which was really special for us and a tour at botanical gardens and parque lage. Lauren is such a enchanting person and we enjoyed spending time with her so much! She truly looked after our every need and was such a perfect local guide! Our number one in Rio de Janeiro! Thanks a lot!

Date of experience: January 2018

Thank you for your lovely review! It was equally wonderful to spend time with both of you. We feel so lucky to have been able to welcome you properly in Rio de Janeiro and love even more the incredible Instagram Stories & Images you have been continually posting since your departure. We love seeing the city through your eyes. Come back any time! We will be waiting for you.