“Best Sister's Trip Ever - (All Thanks To You Lauren)”

Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer family-friendly Rio de Janeiro Tours 52 wks/year. On our site, you can find sample itineraries of what's included, duration & activity. We focus on fast/thorough communication, customer service & authentic travel. We're a Travel Agency licensed to operate as a Tour Operator by the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism (Cadastur).
Reviewed January 27, 2018

Hello Readers,

I am not very accustomed to writing reviews, but I think that it is essential that I try my best to provide accurate insight into Lauren Quinn’s operation with Bromelio Rio Travel & Tours. When I find myself reading reviews, I am usually in search of a genuine, honest, and relatable account of events. So….Here we go.

Brazil has been my husband’s dream vacation, since his childhood. So it was very little of a surprise that that he chose this location for New Years. My husband and I are currently working in Afghanistan and have been for the past several years. Due to many complexities, we are often faced with 1-2 vacations a year, and for some odd reason New Year’s celebrations have proven to be favorites. Unfortunately, this year we were faced with some unforeseen work issues which prevented my husband from taking leave with me. I ended up spending months going back and forth with my husband about where I would spend 30 days of vacation time going into New Year’s. I was a solid advocate for Vietnam and Cambodia and the deal was almost sealed. My husband came to me with his Ipad and said “I have found the one & you are going to Rio”. After looking at the beautiful website that was extremely comprehensive as opposed to all of the rest; That was all she wrote…..

Initially, I gave Lauren information about myself. I told her what I liked about my previous travels and what I looked to gain during my stay in Brazil. Lauren was awesome to talk to and the connection was instant. She provided a first draft of the itinerary a couple of days later, and I was so impressed. I was able to spend time in Santa Teresa, Ipanema, Iguacu Falls, and Paraty over a span of 2 ½ weeks. I never could have constructed something so seamless.

When I arrived in beautiful Brazil, my hopes and dreams had come into fruition. When I met Lauren in person, I literally fell in love. She has a personality to light up any room. Every tour that Lauren provided was not only safe, but also in conjunction with my hopes of gaining the most out of my trip. My hotels were all very premium exactly as described. Every restaurant recommendation from Lauren was also on point. I spent a lot of time with Lauren and in-turn asked for many request i.e. shopping, groceries, nightlife, etc. To be frank, she never let me down and not once did I ever feel unsafe and/unsure about my decisions. I have full confidence in Lauren Quinn.

I know that I have kind of touched on my experience overall and less about every detail. The main takeaway I am aspiring to present is that Lauren Quinn can accommodate any vacation, whether it be upscale or on a tight budget. She has a true love and admiration for the culture, and really wants everyone to experience it. For the first time in my travels, I have made a lifelong friend. I look forward to my many vacations to Brazil by way of Bromelio Rio Travel & Tours

Date of experience: December 2017
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

I feel welled up when I read this incredibly touching review. Thank you for the bottom of my heart for your review. It was an honor and a pleasure to plan such an incredible trip for you and your lovely Sister. Not only did I get such enjoyment out of co-creating such a colorful itinerary, but I got the pleasure of getting to you know you very well during your stay in Brazil. I also feel like I have made a lifelong friend. Your energy and enthusiasm for life long outlasted your stay in the country. I look back at countless moments dancing, laughing and exploring. You have left a strong and loving impression and I feel grateful to have met you. Can't wait for you and your husband to return!! You have a gem. Take care & know you always have family in Brazil! Warmest Regards & Beijos, Lauren from Bromelia Rio

All reviews
"brazilian music"
"felt safe"
"amazing experience"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"amazing tour"
"ipanema beach"
"sugarloaf mountain"
"sugar loaf"
"lauren"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed January 19, 2018

My parents were traveling outside the USA for the first time ever, so I put them in the capable hands of my friend Lauren at Bromelia. My parents had a wonderful experience, with no problems. They saw and learned so much, and Lauren went the extra mile to make sure they were not just comfortable but were able to take in all the details. Laurent really puts herself into making the trip the best for her guests.

Date of experience: November 2017
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

Thank you kindly! I simply adored your parents. They brought such a good energy with them. I also feel like I made a new friend! Can't wait for them to come back and visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Bromelia Rio Travel and Tour are the best way to introduce yourself to Rio and fall in love with it. I was amazed by how each experience I had with Lauren and Val led me to want to do another tour with them. Each one I did was unique and amazing.

First I decided to stay at Casa Bromelia. This B&B is ran by Lauren and Val. I found this option on their tour site. I stayed 3 nights and am positive I will return for more. Casa Bromelia is a block from Ipanema beach. You cannot beat this location. It has so much historical charm on the outside and the interior decor Lauren selected is beautiful! It has 3 bedrooms that could potential be booked. The beds are super comfortable and the sound proof windows make you forget the outdoor world is even there. Trust me this is bliss after long adventures all day in Rio. You share a bathroom with the other guests, but I often felt like it was my own. Never had issues waiting for it. Besides the amazing comfort of the rooms having Lauren and Val there to give advice on your stay made the trip. They could point you in the right direction for whatever you are in the mood for that day. You could join in on one of their tours, they will give you advice on restaurant to try, and the best beach stand to visit. Lauren and Val are so genuine and you can tell love Rio. They want you to love it too. I highly recommend staying at Casa Bromelia for your accommodation for your stay.

Second, I did the Rainforest Hiking Tour to Dois Irmãos. The view for this is the best I have seen. Better then Christ or Sugar Loaf in my opinion. You can see a 360 view of Rio. I joined in last minute for this tour. I heard about it from a guest who was staying in a different room the afternoon before. Staying at Casa Bromelia made it easy for this last minute addition. A couple staying at a different location joined our group too. We met at Casa Bromelia and headed to the mountain. Val guided this tour and you can tell he has a love for the environment. He was picking up any little piece of trash as we hiked. I appreciate this gesture. In this tour we started at the bottom of the Vidigal Favela. We each took a separate motor bike taxi to get to the start of the hike at the top of the Favela. This was very safe and a great way to see the favela briefly. The hike was great for beginners. I am 35 years old and in average shape. There are some steep parts, but nothing you can't do. Val guided us at our pace and made sure we all were doing okay. The group talked the entire way up. Trust me the view is worth it!!! We walked down through the favela on the way back. It felt safe and interesting to see close up.

Third, I did the Back Street Samba Party Excursion. I scheduled this in advance when I booked the place. Lauren guided this tour and you can tell she truly enjoys Samba and the spirit it brings to the Rio culture. I did it with one other guest (31 years old) staying at Casa Bromelia and an older couple (70 years old) staying at a different location. The ages didn't matter. We all had such a fantastic time together. There is no way you can't in this particular tour. First, we all met at Casa Bromelia at 6pm and learned how to make a Caprinhina! We also had one too! Then we headed to the central part of Rio to a back street Samba gathering. The location was amazing to see. Something I would never have found on my own in Rio. We listened to music, drank a few more Caprinhinas, ate espichinos (meat on a stick) and danced the night away!! Lauren's enthusiasm for this amazing tour really made us all fall in love with Rio and Samba.

If I had more time I would have loved to do the cooking class tour, which Lauren doesn't run, but sets up for you or the City Walking Tour that Lauren does. Oh .... or the Photography Tour. The photos taken look amazing and how often do you have a beautiful background like Rio to do a personal photo shoot in. Lauren sets this up for you as well.

I have officially fallen in love with Rio AND Bromelia Rio Travel and Tour! I will be back!!

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Thank you kindly Diane! We could not have been happier to have you on a Rio adventure with us. It was such a pleasure to explore, experience and enjoy by your side. You also have the spot as our most visited guest to Rio. Not only do we LOVE that you have visited Rio de Janeiro 5 times, but included Bromelia Rio Travel every time into your trip. What started out as a lovely weekend welcoming a new guest has now turned into a lifetime friendship. We could not be more grateful. Muito Obrigada Querida!!

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

Lauren's welcoming personality made me feel at home immediately. Lauren will gladly help you with anything you need for your stay. Together with some friends we enjoyed a crazy Brazilian-style new year's eve, which I won't forget easily! This was a perfect start to my holiday!

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Thank you Thomas! We have incredible memories ourselves from sharing moments Brazilian together. We are so grateful that you included us in your trip. We can't wait to cross paths again in the future. Have a happy new year!