Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Visit to brazil

First time visiting Brazil.. I found by accident the name of the travel agency bromelia Rio tours... read more

Reviewed April 23, 2020
zinaayoub
Lebanon
Rio De Janeiro - Christ the Redeemer

Lauren was very professional when helping us plan our trip and activities in Rio. The tour guide... read more

Reviewed March 21, 2020
Shayne216
via mobile

All reviews street party photo tour travel concierge food tour local guide amazing experience botanical gardens christ the redeemer lauren samba company culture brazil tours ipanema rio carnival
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2018

My parents were traveling outside the USA for the first time ever, so I put them in the capable hands of my friend Lauren at Bromelia. My parents had a wonderful experience, with no problems. They saw and learned so much, and Lauren went the extra mile to make sure they were not just comfortable but were able to take in all the details. Laurent really puts herself into making the trip the best for her guests.

Date of experience: November 2017
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

Thank you kindly! I simply adored your parents. They brought such a good energy with them. I also feel like I made a new friend! Can't wait for them to come back and visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Bromelia Rio Travel and Tour are the best way to introduce yourself to Rio and fall in love with it. I was amazed by how each experience I had with Lauren and Val led me to want to do another tour with them. Each one I did was unique and amazing.

First I decided to stay at Casa Bromelia. This B&B is ran by Lauren and Val. I found this option on their tour site. I stayed 3 nights and am positive I will return for more. Casa Bromelia is a block from Ipanema beach. You cannot beat this location. It has so much historical charm on the outside and the interior decor Lauren selected is beautiful! It has 3 bedrooms that could potential be booked. The beds are super comfortable and the sound proof windows make you forget the outdoor world is even there. Trust me this is bliss after long adventures all day in Rio. You share a bathroom with the other guests, but I often felt like it was my own. Never had issues waiting for it. Besides the amazing comfort of the rooms having Lauren and Val there to give advice on your stay made the trip. They could point you in the right direction for whatever you are in the mood for that day. You could join in on one of their tours, they will give you advice on restaurant to try, and the best beach stand to visit. Lauren and Val are so genuine and you can tell love Rio. They want you to love it too. I highly recommend staying at Casa Bromelia for your accommodation for your stay.

Second, I did the Rainforest Hiking Tour to Dois Irmãos. The view for this is the best I have seen. Better then Christ or Sugar Loaf in my opinion. You can see a 360 view of Rio. I joined in last minute for this tour. I heard about it from a guest who was staying in a different room the afternoon before. Staying at Casa Bromelia made it easy for this last minute addition. A couple staying at a different location joined our group too. We met at Casa Bromelia and headed to the mountain. Val guided this tour and you can tell he has a love for the environment. He was picking up any little piece of trash as we hiked. I appreciate this gesture. In this tour we started at the bottom of the Vidigal Favela. We each took a separate motor bike taxi to get to the start of the hike at the top of the Favela. This was very safe and a great way to see the favela briefly. The hike was great for beginners. I am 35 years old and in average shape. There are some steep parts, but nothing you can't do. Val guided us at our pace and made sure we all were doing okay. The group talked the entire way up. Trust me the view is worth it!!! We walked down through the favela on the way back. It felt safe and interesting to see close up.

Third, I did the Back Street Samba Party Excursion. I scheduled this in advance when I booked the place. Lauren guided this tour and you can tell she truly enjoys Samba and the spirit it brings to the Rio culture. I did it with one other guest (31 years old) staying at Casa Bromelia and an older couple (70 years old) staying at a different location. The ages didn't matter. We all had such a fantastic time together. There is no way you can't in this particular tour. First, we all met at Casa Bromelia at 6pm and learned how to make a Caprinhina! We also had one too! Then we headed to the central part of Rio to a back street Samba gathering. The location was amazing to see. Something I would never have found on my own in Rio. We listened to music, drank a few more Caprinhinas, ate espichinos (meat on a stick) and danced the night away!! Lauren's enthusiasm for this amazing tour really made us all fall in love with Rio and Samba.

If I had more time I would have loved to do the cooking class tour, which Lauren doesn't run, but sets up for you or the City Walking Tour that Lauren does. Oh .... or the Photography Tour. The photos taken look amazing and how often do you have a beautiful background like Rio to do a personal photo shoot in. Lauren sets this up for you as well.

I have officially fallen in love with Rio AND Bromelia Rio Travel and Tour! I will be back!!

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2018

Thank you kindly Diane! We could not have been happier to have you on a Rio adventure with us. It was such a pleasure to explore, experience and enjoy by your side. You also have the spot as our most visited guest to Rio. Not only do we LOVE that you have visited Rio de Janeiro 5 times, but included Bromelia Rio Travel every time into your trip. What started out as a lovely weekend welcoming a new guest has now turned into a lifetime friendship. We could not be more grateful. Muito Obrigada Querida!!

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

Lauren's welcoming personality made me feel at home immediately. Lauren will gladly help you with anything you need for your stay. Together with some friends we enjoyed a crazy Brazilian-style new year's eve, which I won't forget easily! This was a perfect start to my holiday!

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Thank you Thomas! We have incredible memories ourselves from sharing moments Brazilian together. We are so grateful that you included us in your trip. We can't wait to cross paths again in the future. Have a happy new year!

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Great tips! Doesn't get any easier than this for a first time visit to Rio. Thank you, Lauren, for making my stay in Rio personalized and unique.

Date of experience: January 2018
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Amir you are such a kind soul. Easy to be around. Courteous. Polite. Communicative. Thank you for including us in your first trip to Brazil. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Bromelia Rio is hands down the best way to see the city. Offering amazing, immersive experiences of so many different aspects of Carioca life, Bromelia Rio's tours made me fall in love with Rio. Also, I would be shocked if every single review on here doesn't mention what an incredible person Lauren is. I honestly never expected to love Rio so much, but Lauren made every day there so fun and vibrant. She has a wealth of knowledge about the city and is great at understanding everyone's different travel styles. I will definitely be contacting Bromelia Rio every single time I'm in Rio!

Date of experience: February 2017
BromeliaRioTours, Owner at Bromelia Rio Travel & Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Thank you kindly! It was equally as wonderful to meet you both. Your energy and enthusiasm for experiencing life and all the colors that it comes in was infectious. We feel here that we not only had a great time with you, but made life long friends. You are welcome back anytime!