This hostel is being reviewed very highly and it is in a great location and the staff are really really friendly and helpful, which is important in Rio...but, just so people are aware, this is totally a backpackers and the hostel is a little run down and the kitchen/breakfast area is tiny. We stayed in the private room and we were happy with it, a perfect place to base yourself as a backpacker, sight-seeing everyday etc. The noise from the kitchen woke us bright an early at about 7am every morning, but it was fine as we were jet lagged and awake anyway! Overall a nice place, but not amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cute, small and quiet place located within Ipanema, one of the most beautiful and well-known areas of Rio de Janeiro. Only 3 blocks from the beach surrounded by a wealth of restaurants, shops and of course bars and clubs. We have a gorgeous double room and 8 bed mixed dormitory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your The LightHouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lighthouse Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- The LightHouse Rio De Janeiro, Brazil