$192
Sheraton.com
$258
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$97
$83
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$141
$98
  • Pool
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$132
$103
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$150
$114
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$228
$218
Sofitel
$208
$165
Otel.com
$570
  • Beachfront
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$547
$492
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssanta teresaspa treatmentsboutique hoteltereze restaurantbar dos descasadosgreat poolcool hotelbrazilian cuisinepool areabohemian neighborhoodcobbled streetsjunior suiteguanabara bayrestaurants and barscomfortable roomsincredible viewslovely hotel
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Wanted to check out this Accor proper in Rio de Janeiro that is part of MGallery Collection and is advertised being BY SOFITEL.

Made the reservation while waiting for my flight to Rio in Sao Paulo. I had been to the city 20+ times so knew the challenges with hbe Santa Teresa location.

Hotel has beautiful grounds but the rooms are total three star dumps and not even worth third what I paid.

1. Water was leaking from the AC making lake inside the room.
2. AC unit was noisy.
3. Linens had holes in them.
4. Bed was uncomfortable.
5. Internet went off several times.
6. Only one free plug inside the room.
7. Phone inside the room was dead.

You call this "Luxury"? I call it a dump!

Could not get settled folio at the time of checking out because front desk printer was broken or they had technical difficulties.

They should close to hotel and reopen once it is ready for business.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank LoyaltyLobby
CSTeresa, General Manager at Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear client,
Many thanks for taking the opportunity to review your stay with us.
I'm most sorry to read of your disappointments with Santa Teresa Hotel MGallery by Sofitel.
We are committed to delivering the highest level of guest service and I'm genuinely sorry that you felt that this was not reflected on your first evening with us.

My team and I already used all your information and all necessary actions were taken.
With much respect and appreciation I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you our hotel so you have the opportunity to see that your feedback was really valuable for us.
I will be delighted to personally attend to your reservation.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

I have traveled the world and stayed in many places. Hotel Santa Teresa is one of the most amazing and memorable hotels I have stayed. You can spend a vacation at the hotel. Its garden, the first-class pool, and lounge area are simply one of the best. It's on the top of the hill in Santa Teresa so you get a great view of the neighborhood and Rio. The room is of a good size. Shower is great, and you have orchids in the room. I only wish I could have stayed longer. Plenty of taxi and uber to get to and from the hotel so it's really not a concern. I didn't eat at the hotel but outside in Santa Teresa. I would come back here again. Already recommended to friends

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
CSTeresa, General Manager at Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Xish,

Thank you for sharing a fantastic review about your stay with us.All our team is over the moon after reading your kind comments in your feedback !!

We are glad to note that you found our location in Santa Teresa helpful and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon !!

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2017

We stayed 3 nights at the Santa Teresa. The hotel is in the hills facing the northern part of the city. The views are super. Our room was fabulous, a small deck where I could sit in the sun and enjoy the view. We could see Christ the redeemer from the deck. The area is trendy and safe. We ate at the hotel and a few restaurants down the road. Our room was lovely and comfortable - great bed and shower. The pool area was wonderful with views over the city. breakfast was excellent with a cooked options and freshly cooked cheese bread rolls - delicious.
We got taxis to and from the hotel and walked about with no issues at all. There is an ATM at the local chemist, great street art to look at. So much character. We will be back.

Room Tip: Upstairs facing north with a deck
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Coatesgirl,
thank you for your recent stay with us and your valued feedback. We are glad to hear that we have won you over as one of our many happy guests.
The Santa Teresa Hotel is indeed very conveniently located Our in-room facilities are tended to with great care; our staff being the true asset of our operation.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Warmest regards from Rio!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

The accommodations, amenities and service exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect and the view from the pool was amazing. Just minutes from area attractions and just steps away from local restaurants and bars.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CSTeresa, General Manager at Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear Happynola,

we would like to thank you very much for staying at Santa Teresa Hetel MGallery by Sofitel and for sharing your experience at Tripadvisor.

Hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2017

I recently visited Rio for the first time and stayed at a couple of different hotels, which both happened to be Sofitel properties. One was the Ceaser Park Hotel in Ipanema and the other was the Santa Teresa Hotel. I cannot say enough great things about this property. I stayed a couple of places because I wanted to see more than just one neighborhood of this massive city. I wanted to have the experience of the beaches, but also of a more neighborhood/residential area.
The Hotel Santa Teresa is such a fantastic property. I had a great room with a terrace (with a hammock) and views over Rio. It really was an experience. Everyone in the hotel greeted me by name and was helpful. Not being a Portugeuese speaker, pretty much any task, no matter how small, van become a barrier to overcome. Even with my poor attempt to speak Portuguese was listened to, but then they would respond in English, much to my appreciation, making everything easy. Seriously, everything about the hotel was great. From a coffee/espresso machine in the room, to room service, to just room cleanliness. Everyone did a great job and always met me with a smile. It is great to see and experience the beaches of Rio (of course!) but getting into the neighborhoods, such as Santa Teresa, was fantastic. Near the hotel, you could easily walk to many restaurants and bars and a grocery, too. It was a great perspective to see more of Rio. You can easily ride the streetcar/tram/train down into the center of Rio (or walk – but be ready to take on some hills!) It is so picturesque in this area. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the fantastic restaurant in the hotel that I ate at more than once as well as the great views from the pool….again overlooking Rio! This is such a great building with such special ambiance. While I was there, a wedding was held on the grounds, so that tells you what a picturesque setting they have. A spectacular property I would go back to in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
CSTeresa, General Manager at Hotel Santa Teresa Rio MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Dear Jack C, thank you for choosing Santa Teresa Hotel M Gallery by Sofiltel for your recent stay.
It was truly a please to welcome you in our hotel.
We are delighted you had such a positive stay and experience. We hope to welcome you back sometime soon.
Warmest regards from Rio!