“Best Club in Lapa”

and up
Skip the Line: Lapa Pub Crawl and Caipirinha Making Class
Ranked #3 of 140 Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Lapa 40 Graus its another 3 floor bar that mixes dancefloors with a bar lounge and pool tables. The club is focus in adults above 25 rather than 18 years old specially on weekends. On Fridays and Saturdays, the place is packed with locals than enjoy the occasional band and the typical brazilian funky music.

As every place in Lapa, the dresscode is not as strict as other places but you will look like a fool with flip flops and inapropiate shorts in a place like this. You need an ID of any kind and they will give you an electronic card for purchases inside that you will have to settle at the end of the night. This system is very popular now a days in Brazil but I personally hate it cause its very easy to get scam.

Still the place has a lot of style and the music is very good. The drinks are not as expensive as other places and it has a very nice environment to meet locals and have fun!! Just be careful in the area around the bar cause Lapa is not the safest place in Rio.

2  Thank RMartinSDXB

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Just wanted to let everyone know that they card here so make sure not to forget your passport! Me and my friend went and couldnt get in. Also, the dress is nice but nothing super fancy or you will look out of place. In general, i found Lapa to be pretty relaxed in dress compared to some other clubs/neighborhoods i have been to.

4  Thank Mary S
Rio_For_Partiers, Public Relations Manager at Lapa 40 Graus, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

hi Mary, yes! all clubs in Rio now card! 18 and over only!
cheers!
cristiano
rio for partiers

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place in the heart of Lapa is perfect if you want dance samba or sertanejo..
with 3 floors you can select the music you like the most and enjoy your night.
Usually ground floor is live music and upper floor is more like disco music with a dj.
In any case an emotional and funny experience that cannot be missed to get the authentic carioca spirit!

1  Thank EuDiMu
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Brazil is the liveliest country I have ever visited till date. Its beautiful city Rio de Janerio captured my heart the first time I visited. Since my first visit I often go there with my husband or my best friend. And of all the trips to Rio de Janerio the last one tops the lists because I had a lot and I mean a lot of fun with my best friend.I and my best friend are more of the adventurous and fun type of people; and so on our recent trip we decided to hit some good dance club for a fun night. But we really did not know any good dance club in the area we were staying. So we asked our hotel concierge to suggest us the best dance club in our area and he told us about Lapa 40 Graus. And I will always be grateful to that kind hotel concierge for recommending this club.
We went to Lapa 40 Graus on Saturday night dressed in the sexiest clothes we had. The moment we entered the club it had us moving to the beats of great bands on stage. These great bands on stage were playing fast dance numbers and soon we were dancing like we never had and we also played snooker at very fancy snooker tables in the club. We were simply unstoppable we danced all night and even learned some samba. I and my best friend drank loads of caipirinhas which is a great Brazilian drink to quench our thirst.

Our night out at Lapa 40 Graus will always be memorable and we fully enjoyed it.We had the most amazing night that day and I recommend everyone to visit this club. But keep in mind that this club is best on Friday and Saturday only as there is not much of crowd on other days.

4  Thank Lauren7777_14
Reviewed March 31, 2013

if you want to see the locals truly strutting their stuff dancing and having a good time, this is a must, full of fun people having a great time, its worth the wait in queue to check this place out :D