The hotel itself is honestly the nicest hotel I have EVER stayed at in Brazil. It was incredibly Americanized; possibly not a coincidence given its location on Avenue of the Americas. The hotel is spotless, new and part of an upscale condominium complex featuring gorgeous views of the beach, rainforest and mountains from each room's balcony. There are beautiful pools for each hotel and condo, an absolutely fantastic breakfast provided and great housekeeping staff. The shower is clean and rooms are large. There's great wifi and the toilets don't clog (a problem in many SA hotels). The floors are hardwood and there's a mini fridge. There's a shuttle to the beach. Location is great--you're safe from the crime and grime of downtown rio but still minutes from the tourist attractions you want.
The shower head had awful water pressure and there were no coin laundry facilities. Room service was awful and expensive. They had few (if any) English speaking front desk people, which made organizing trips difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Barra da Tijuca district, the 4-star Plaza Barra First welcomes you to spend peaceful and joyful moments in its beautiful swimming pool surrounded by grounds. In addition to the pool, sauna, gym and other facilities of the hotel, you can enjoy the beach walking only 10 minutes from there. The hotel is within walking distance of other natural attractions as well, such as the Bosque da Barra Natural Park, the Marapendi Ecological Park, the Marapendi Lake and the Jacarepaguá Lake. Hotel Chain: Promenade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Plaza Barra First reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Promenade Barra First Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Promenade Barra 1st
- Plaza Barra First Rio De Janeiro, Brazil