“Recommended!”

Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Description: Authentic bistro, serving classic French dishes in a cosy and charming atmosphere. From lunch time until late night.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My mother just loved this restaurant, not only for their great service and good food, but this is like the only restaurant in Ipanema where you can sit outside and smoke. Great food! I had the entrecote, my mom had the salmon. We both loved it! And the rosé wine was good! :D Be aware that the bread they give you is NOT complimentary. And they add on a service charge. So the bill will be much higher that anticipated. And it's expensive here. Norwegian prices.

Gabriela F, Gerente de relações públicas at Le Vin Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Ateilman,

We're very pleased to know that you and your mother enjoyed your visit to Le Vin and that you liked our food, wine, service and outside area :-)

The homemade bread we serve with butter and chicken liver paté is part of our couvert. as in most restaurants in Brazil it is charged per person, but it's not obligatory. Our waiters always ask clients before serving them. If this wasn't perhaps made clear to you, please accept our sincere apologies.

As for our prices, they are a result of our choice of ingredients: only the best products available (and many of them imported) so we can deliver classic French dishes "comme il faut" ;-)

Thank you very much for your review and we hope to see you again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Le Vin Bistro

Reviewed October 15, 2013

A meal at Le Vin is always a pleasure! A classic French bistro with tradional dishes and a wonderful wine list. We went for a dinner on a Sunday night. Although is was quite late we were received well by the very friendly maitre.
Dishes are prepared with care and delicious. Wine list is extensive and reasonable priced. Close your eyes and you are ( almost) back in Paris!
We were the last ones to leave but were in no way rushed by the kind ( and young) waiters.
You come here to eat the classics. Do not forget to try the tarte tatin or the creme brulee.
A delightful experience you will remember fondly!

Dear IpanemaBoy

We're very happy to hear how much you like Le Vin and that you had a wonderful time with us.

Thank you very much for your recommendation on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went there to have a Sunday brunch. The location of the restaurant is excellent, the inside and the outside very charmingly done, and the restaurant is close to most major hotels in Ipanema. So I was very happy with my choice---until I tried to order the food and drinks. Probably because I was alone no one seemed to care for my order. Neither the bread plate (le couvert), nor the water came for some 15 minutes.The omelette I ordered was absolutely boring and tasteless. I barely ate less than half of it, to no one's concert. Even paying for it proved difficult The waiter and the maitre d' (an elegant woman) were thoroughly indifferent as to whether I liked or disliked my meal and largely unconcerned with the payment too. Of course, I should not forget to add that prices were New York level.

1  Thank cicerone3
Gabriela F, Public Relations Manager at Le Vin Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear cicerone,

We're truly sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at Le Vin. We work very hard to deliver the best service and food and our employees are trained to give clients proper attention and care. What you experienced was not within our standards. Therefore, it would be much appreciated if you could let us know the time and day you visited us, so we can inform management and make sure situations like this do not happen again. You can write to me at gabrielasampaio @ levin.com.br.

We thank you very much for your warning and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Le Vin is one of our family's favorite places to dine. Honestly, you cannot say that a lot about Rio's restaurants. Le Vin really is fine cuisine for great value. When we can, we go for there for lunch on the weekdays. They have an excellent Menu Executivo for 42 reais which includes an entree, main and dessert. I always get this menu as the value is so worth it for the food you are getting. My favorite order is always the Galeto with Mustard Dressing and Potatoes. Another great and oh so delicious option is the lamb chops! Unfortunately, this is not on the menu executivo. But ohhh myy!! They are sooo juicy and tender! Best yet, it comes with a gorgeous side serving of mushroom risotto. Sooo divine!! And the dessert, especially the Frisson Chocolate Mouse cake is to die for. Great service, excellent food! Honestly, one of the best in Rio!

1  Thank pk v

Dear pk v,

We're very happy to learn that you and your family come often to Le Vin and that you approve of our service and dishes!

It's important to point out, though, that our Lunch Menu (served on weekdays, except holidays) actually costs R$ 49 :-) But as you say, it includes an entree, main course and dessert. The Galeto with Mustard sauce is one of the options in that menu and it's great to know how much you like it!

Thank you very much for recommending us on TripAdvisor. And we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Nice place for a quiet dinner in Rio. It's a French restaurant in the heart of Rio. Quiet and the food is good.

Gabriela F, Gerente de relações públicas at Le Vin Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear User85,

We're very glad to hear you appreciated your visit to Le Vin and that you reccomend us.

Thanks very much for your review and we hope to see you around soon!

Best regards,