“Lunch during Carnaval”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Description: A place for hipsters, who gives value to the senses. The ViaSete was designed 11 years ago to be a counterpoint to the city noise, cement and asphalt. Innovative in essence, simple and sophisticated cuisine, is essentially Rio brand. We serve organic leafy vegetables, will grill meat, fish and poultry, avoiding fried foods and fats. However we are not radicals and believe that happiness is also freedom of choice. We use the best quality ingredients and our chefs are careful professionals who are proud to add love and a homemade touch to dishes they serve. The ViaSete is attentive to people's health and preserve the planet for future generations. We are partners of WWF-Brazil, the world's largest conservation NGOs and for over 10 years recycle cans, glass, paper, cooking oil and plastics.
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place after looking at several in our guide book. We couldn't have chosen better. The cod balls were delicious. The frozen drinks were perfect on a hot day. They didn't rush us out even though it was crazy. Our lunches were very good and fresh as week. Highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

During lunch our waiter spilled olive oil all over my bag. After a while I came with some water and a napkin and left me to clean the mess inside and outside my bag. No excuse, they even charged for all my food. When I realized my bag will for ever have the mark of the oil I asked to talk to the manager. No apology and no offer to fix my bag. I was only given a gift card for a burger.This poor service had never happened if I was a Brazilian having her designer bag ruined my a clumsy waiter.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We weren't really expecting much here. After all, it's right next to H Stern, the biggest racket of a shopping experience anyone has ever devised. In fact, we almost ordered just a drink and left. Instead, we drank great caipirinhas and ate an excellent grilled heart of palm appetizer. That alone was worth the trip. Additionally, the burgers were great, as was the couscous salad with shrimp. I'm not saying you need to go out of your way to come here, but if you find yourself in the neighborhood, it's a good stop.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Make sure and sit out on the patio! I was in Rio for four days and this was my favorite restaurant that I went to. Very tasty food (hamburgers/salads) and drinks. Not a cheap place, but I thought it was a good value relative to the other similarly priced restaurants I tried.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

A friend and I went for dinner, the service was attentive, but not overbearing. The food was good, it is a place I would recommend.