“Amazing Room Service”

Le Pre Catelan
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Copacabana
Description: For us, gastronomy is art de la cuisine and flavors, presentation, service and ambience are paramount. All this is taken into consideration to create a culinary concept where food is an essential ingredient for an unforgettable experience. The Le Pre Catelan restaurant has been named one of the top 10 hotel restaurants in the world by Hotel World magazine. Modern decor and views over Copacabana. Our menu changes every 2 weeks.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I always stay in the Sofitel when travel to Rio, I have never been in this restaurant, but I have ordered room service from there all the time. They have never let me down. My stays are usually long (2 weeks) so going out does not appeal to me every day.

No matter what I ordered, everything is delicious. Risotto, steak, pasta, fish. I like it a lot, and I am sure it is worthwhile to go to the restaurant itself.

I would recommend it.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The restaurant is based in the Sofitel at the end of Copacabana beach.

We took a gentle stroll along the beachfront from our hotel to be at the restaurant for our reservation at 8.30pm. The restaurant has it's own lift from the hotel entrance. We got there a little early and were shown straight to our table.

Service was very polite and efficient. Two glasses of Champagne was with us within two minutes of being seated and a great way to browse the menu. The menu had a superb choice with a la carte and set menu for the evening. Also had a tasting menu based on things and creatures from the Amazon rainforest. Looked great, but I was too hungry for that. Everything looked good so I won't bore you with what we had!

Food and atmosphere was excellent. The service was great as well. Tip- just ask for a few minutes between starter and main course. It got a little rushed but did not ruin anything at all with what was a lovely evening. Cost is about what you expect for this type of restaurant in the UK.

Throughly recommend.

2  Thank JonnyBoyHStAlbans
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Le Pre Catalan is simply one of the best in Rio, or elsewhere for that matter, Excellent food, excellent service, a beautiful view of Copacabana/Arpoador, and very reasonable prices. We live in Rio and spend part of our time in Holland and elsewhere. Of all places, Le Pre Catalan remains our favorite, especially for those special events (anniversaries, close friends visiting us, ....).

I cannot recommend a more inviting place in Rio for special occasions (or just an evening in a nice restaurant).

2  Thank Martinus v
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

What a delicious meal. The service was impeccable and the food was fabulous too. We felt so pampered. Go with the chefs 4 course meal--- it's worth every penny. They were so thoughtful that they even gave my girl friend a dessert and she didn't even order one ( but they couldn't have me eating one alone) :) perfect evening....

3  Thank Hidntreshr
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had the best glass of chardonnay ever. Wish I could remember the brand. We ordered the cheese and meats plate for two. It was great! Tasty french breads came with it.

1  Thank Elizabeth M