“"How much was that drink?"”
Review of il MIO ristorante - CLOSED

il MIO ristorante
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Texas
“"How much was that drink?"”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Many of the reviews of Mio Ristorante mirror our experience. Somehow I did not see these when choosing this restaurant for my group.
1. Service needs improvement - food was slow to arrive and was not great as I had anticipated. With a pre-selected menu, the service should have been much faster but it was sloooooow going. I don't understand what took so long to serve a pineapple slice and scoop of ice cream for dessert but we waited a disappointing 45 minutes to receive it.
2. The cocktails were over priced. $17-20 USD for ONE mediocre drink? No way! Be sure to get the prices ahead of time and write it down. I ordered bottled water for my group, the waiter told me one price and I was charged a different price. Of course with my limited Portuguese somehow I couldn't have comprehended "um real" from "seis reals". Right.

Sorry, I won't be back.

2 Thank mikni2wri

Mumbai
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

If you are in a travel group, this restaurant is likely to be in the itinerary. If on your own give it a miss. It looks great enough as you enter it, but disappoints the moment you are seated at the tables on the first floor. They are tackily laid, the service incredibly poor and the food way off the mark. It's Italian, but a very low end one. It took over an hour to get the meal, which one could barely plough through. And another forty-five minutes for dessert. And the management were lackadaisical.....

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Pahari
Zurich, Switzerland
“Much room for improvements in service quality”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We made a city tour with lunch included. This lunch was in this restaurant with a group of about 30 people.

We made a frustrating experience. If a restaurant is chosen for large travel groups, you would expect that the infrastructure is prepared for it. This was not the case! Drinking was served very quick, but for the menu we had to wait much to long. Quality of food (fish for us) was okay, but the shrimp sauce was served just before we left the restaurant. All together we lost more than 2 hours of the city tour just for lunch. I don't understand the city tour operator GRAY LINE RIO for choosing such a helpless restaurant in their tours.

• Visited March 2012
4 Thank Waldmeier
“They are thieves!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

They really rip you off in her. The bill was crazy, no doubts. And we couldn't complain because nobody speak english in the restaurant. We preferred to pay and go. My tourguide has been next day to ask for explanations, and they just came with infantile arguments. It's incredible!

• Visited March 2012
4 Thank Juan R
Cambridge, Ma
“Warm and Inviting”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stumbled upon this place just by walking down Rua de Farme Amoedo. We glanced at the menu and were welcomed in by the manager who sat us at the bar and made sure we had a glass of wine in a timely manner. Very attentive service and pleasant atmosphere. Although I can on comment on the bar and not the dining room.

• Visited January 2012