“Excellent business lunch in Rio”
Review of Margutta

Margutta
Ranked #401 of 13,851 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Description: Traditional Italian house on Ipanema. Inaugurated on 18 August 1994. It maintains a loyal and select clientele. Gastronomy winning awards for years. Service and quality are unquestionable.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had lunch with a business delegation. The food was excellent and so was the service: efficient and at the same time very warm and friendly. We had a fixed menu that included both fish and meat. I was determined to skip desert but when I saw it I couldn't resist. Coffee and chocolate to finish it off. I can warmly recommend this place.

1  Thank Polspective
There are newer reviews for Margutta

Reviewed August 12, 2012

A comfortable restaurant with a cosy feel. The fish dishes were great. The service is very attentive. We went back twice because it was so good. The owner remembered exactly what we ordered from the previous time & even anticipated what we didn't like. Recommended.

1  Thank ophelite
Reviewed July 19, 2012

First night in Rio. All you need is a good fresh fish. Nice place to sit and great service

1  Thank Avrom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Its frustrating when a place can be so right on somethings and then so off the mark on others. Carpaccio app was great. Shrimp in garlic wine sauce was not. However the sauce was indeed awesome- there was just something unfresh/off about the shrimp. My veal limon was decent but the side potatoes were awful, woefully undercooked. My girlfriends gnocchi was ok. I think if this place worked out its kinks it could be great. As it stands its ok and overpriced.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

For me and my family it is the best restaurant in Rio de Janeiro. The food is really wonderfull and there we can have all kinds of foods: pastas, meat, risottos and the best seafood i have in my life.

1  Thank claudiagracacouto