“Fine dining for those that love Italian and seafood”
Review of Margutta

Margutta
Ranked #422 of 14,228 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Description: Traditional Italian house on Ipanema. Inaugurated on 18 August 1994. It maintains a loyal and select clientele. Gastronomy winning awards for years. Service and quality are unquestionable.
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife ordered the lobster (though pricey) absolutely loved it. You know it is really good when someone works to get every delicious bit of meat out of the shell. My pasta dish was full of flavor and cooked to perfection. Service is what one would expect in a fine dining establishment. We ate on the second floor next to a window to the outside.

I love desserts and I was not disappointed. They have a nice assortment of desserts so it was a great way to cap off the meal. It was hard to pass up the Brazilian national drink, but they have a wonderful selection of vino, grappa, and the like for those wanting to complete an Italian (or touch of French) culinary night.

1  Thank Alton_AK

Reviewed April 28, 2011

It seems ironic that the best meal that we had during a week in Rio was at an Italian restaurant.
Margutta did eveything right, from the food to the service to the ambiance. It is not cheap, but I felt that it was money well spent.

2  Thank Ghost
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Fantastic food and excellent service. The Maitre D’ and the waiters are very attentive. It is a little bit expensive but worth the money. I ordered first the sautéed frog with garlic and olive oil and it turned out they didn’t had any that day. The Maitre D’ felt so sorry that he apologized at least five times. I had instead the sautéed shrimps with garlic and wine sauce. The shrimps were frozen, however they prepare them so well and so tasty that we didn’t mind. My fiancé ordered the Bruschettas with Funghi, zucchini and parmesan cheese, mozzarela, tomato and basil which turned out to be an excellent choice as well. I had as a main course spaghetti vongole and they were just like spaghetti supposed to be...al dente. Great. And my partner ordered Roasted fillet of fish, shrimps, coquille st. Jacques & sauteed potatoes. The fish and the coquille st. Jacques were very fresh and very delicious. Huge portions to. We are not much of dessert persons so we finished our evening with a nice glass of porto. You will not find any tourist in this restaurant. I went on a Friday and the place was packed with local customers. We were the only two foreigners in there. Definitely a place where I will be returning to if I happen to be again in Rio.

1  Thank Bego75
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Margutta was our favorite overall dining experience in Rio. Great location in Ipanema and a nice classic dining room. Service was very attentive and there was a great selection of Italian seafood dishes along with steaks, veal, chicken, etc. I would return to and reccomend Margutta.

1  Thank Redline325
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Spent a long lazy Sunday lunch at this restaurant with the owners. They kept bringing out new succulent dishes to the point of bursting. Each dish was well prepared. The flat bread was fresh and crispy, as it should be. There was a wide variety of wines, which we sampled with each dish. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank WorldJet1224